Security patches for older MIUI Stable ROMs

DragonKn

Members
Jul 17, 2023
Does older MIUI Stable ROMs such as ROMs prior to MIUI 14 receive security patches like normal?
I would assume not which is why I have another question to ask.

Does flashing the latest stock firmware ROM for my specific device and subsequently flashing an older version of MIUI Stable ROM via xiaomi.eu keep the latest security patches from the stock ROM?

Thanks!

But is the security patches up to date? I'm afraid that it may not get the latest security patches for, let's say 2024, since the ROM itself is outdated.
This is exactly what I meant. Since the security patches are part of the ROM, if you don't get the latest ROMs, you don't get the patches either.

This is exactly what I meant. Since the security patches are part of the ROM, if you don't get the latest ROMs, you don't get the patches either.
Oh, so the security patch is only based on the current ROM I'm using, despite already flashing a more recent ROM with updated security patch before?

Would there be any way in updating the security patch separately? And if there is none, then I guess I'll stick with MIUI Global ROM for now.