[semi-solved] Alarm Clock Not Working

bashope

Members
Nov 30, 2016
Hey guys,

Does anyone know of a working alarm clock? It seems that the phone gets into deep sleep mode and alarm clock doesn't work. I've tried Google's clock app.

Thanks.

Same thing here, i'll try the Sleep as Android app.
If you find something let me know. But I guess there must be some option in all the battery saving settings in this ROM that is doing this. Ideally we should find this option and turn it off :)

The standard included clock app (under tools) works fine, even when phone is still in DND-mode. Latest weekly firmware 6.12.1.

Reactions: bashope
The standard included clock app (under tools) works fine, even when phone is still in DND-mode. Latest weekly firmware 6.12.1.
That was the first one I tried. It didn't work.

I'll try it with the latest weekly.

Keep in mind that I turn on airplane mode. Maybe after a while this engages a deep sleep mode that even the alarm doesn't work.

I'll test, thanks.

Work fine on my mi 5s in airplane mode ! I m on 6.12.1.
But how long do you leave it off? Because if I try for the next 5 minutes, it also works. My guess is that after maybe 30 minutes or something like that, it enters into deep sleep... and bye bye alarm clock.

Regardless, I flashed the new weekly just now, will be testing tonight.

Cheers!

This problem started for me after flashing the 6.12.1 build, before it was ok.
Tryed other alarm app, even with all permissions and autostart enabled, it didn't work.

The alarm only starts when i turn on the screen.

Go to your battery settings and turn off the restriction on background processes, you can do it globally or per app. I use timely, and since changing that setting I've had no problems.

Reactions: bashope
Go to your battery settings and turn off the restriction on background processes, you can do it globally or per app. I use timely, and since changing that setting I've had no problems.
Just as I suspected above :rolleyes:

So far I haven't been able to confirm whether it's working or not on the new 12.1, as my daughter has woken me up just 10 minutes before the alarm clock for the last couple of days, and I turn on the screen of the phone to check the time... it's like the kid has a built-in alarm clock or something :)

I'll keep checking, but thanks for the battery settings tip.

I have exactly the same problem on my Redmi 3S. Turning off the restriction on background processes did not help. I put my phone to flight mode during the night and the alarm is only working if the power supply is plugged in. I suggest that the phone does not enter deep sleep in this case...