Setting my phones minimum width to 1000 dpi and now it is stuck at boot screen

BrickedmyPhone

Members
Jan 5, 2022
Hello All,

I did a stupid thing with my Redmi note 9 pro, browsing through the developer settings and set my phones minimum width to 1000 dpi and now it does not open. Actually dont care about the phone but have really important pictures for me which I havent backed them up(another stupid thing). Is there a way to salvage this?

Note: USB debugging is disabled, can it reversed even if it is off?

Last edited:
Without USB debugging, probably not, at least not easily.
That's what you get for playing with Developer options, when it clearly wasn't meant for you.
Good luck.

Without USB debugging, probably not, at least not easily.
That's what you get for playing with Developer options, when it clearly wasn't meant for you.
Good luck.
Yes I realized that when I saw the boot screen, had to erase everything. Is there a software to recover deleted files?

Yes I realized that when I saw the boot screen, had to erase everything. Is there a software to recover deleted files?
While it's too late already, even without usb debugging, there are some xml files you can transfer to pc, edit, transfer back and it boots normally. Did it to a friend also using xiaomi.eu, but set the dpi too low by accident, phone immediately crashed and started bootlooping.

While it's too late already, even without usb debugging, there are some xml files you can transfer to pc, edit, transfer back and it boots normally. Did it to a friend also using xiaomi.eu, but set the dpi too low by accident, phone immediately crashed and started bootlooping.
which thread did you find for the xml access and editing guide in order to do it?

which thread did you find for the xml access and editing guide in order to do it?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I ended up just pulling the file using adb in twrp, instead of deleting the key, just changed it to something reasonable on pc and putting it back, rebooted normally. Root is not needed for this, but twrp really simplifies things.