Several Lags , Redmi2

Redmi 2 1Gb is known to have memory problems. Which model do you have?
Where do the other lags occur?

I have the one with only 1Gb . when I press home button then launcher think a lot ti appear

Sorry but I dont get the last part of your reply. Typo?
For the 1Gb versions I would recommend to flash the stable 6.3.3.0 official rom from en.miui.com. This should fix many problems.

I mean that often the launcher or some apps like whatsapp take a lot of time to open or close thenselves

I mean that often the launcher or some apps like whatsapp take a lot of time to open or close thenselves

Ok I get it now ;) It sounds like you indeed have the known memory problems. I would advice you to flash the official stable 6.3.3.0 rom. Make sure that you have the HM2014811 model, then you will find the rom here: http://en.miui.com/download-261.html#371
This is for the 4G LTE global version. In this rom you will find google services already installed and Chinese apps removed. You can only choose English or Asian languages.

you might have to do a wipe before switching from multilang to official rom. Do you have standard recovery or did you install a custom recovery?

You could try to just install the official rom on top of the current multi lang rom but because you will be switching from a multi lang to the official it might be adviced to do a full wipe from the recovery. Be warned! You will lose all user data when you do so!

The I assume something went wrong. I installed this rom myself and it had no chinese apps and it had a whole range of google apps already installed. I have someone else who can confirm this, he also installed the same rom and also had Google apps.

I have redmi 2, 1gb, with same problems... Lags in facebook, browser, tapatalk.... Every days is necesary reboot the phone.
I'm waiting new roms weekly for this problems. But the news roms 5.3.27, 5.4.3, 5.4.10...are similars. Sorry for my bad english.

I have redmi 2, 1gb, with same problems... Lags in facebook, browser, tapatalk.... Every days is necesary reboot the phone.
I'm waiting new roms weekly for this problems. But the news roms 5.3.27, 5.4.3, 5.4.10...are similars. Sorry for my bad english.

As I said, so far the only option is to flash the official Chinese/English rom from en.miui.com. These problems have been fixed in this rom (6.3.3.0).

You might also try this: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/redmi-2-whatsapp-doesnt-process-new-messages.26924/

Reactions: mnikolce
+1 Dissapointed user of Redmi 2 4G, please fix the bugs. Reinstalled many times, all different ROMs global, ch, developer versions, tried all I can try but fb, messenger, Gmail, viber are just unusable!

Last edited: