In Progress [SGS2][2.4.20] Random reboots

skynet84

Members
Aug 23, 2011
I just made a clean install of the 2.4.20 and the phone keeps making random reboots.
I noticed when I start opening an app (messagging, phone settings) it gets hot or soon really hot and it reboots, but it's a soft reboot. It also made a soft reboot even few seconds after i flash the new rom (so without any apps installed).
I always do a complete wipe before flashing the rom.
Anyone else has this problem?
Skynet84

The root of random reboots of MIUI 2.4.20 still unkown and it may vary.. Maybe someone could point out how to get last log before the random reboot.. dmesg? logcat? adb? or whatever that average user (like us) can have detail info of the cause hehe..

I have experienced it.. most of them were random lol

1) Full wipe
2) install 2.4.13
3) install 2.4.20

It worked for me :rolleyes:

Good for you!! but, it has been reported already that this method -which worked for you- isn't working for everybody so it is not a solution, it was your solution and it is good that you share it but I think the root of this problems is deep within the code of the rom -perhaps one of the updates from this week- so unless someone starts messing with that I guess we'll have to wait for another update to really fix the issue.
It's a shame though.

Good for you!! but, it has been reported already that this method -which worked for you- isn't working for everybody so it is not a solution, it was your solution and it is good that you share it but I think the root of this problems is deep within the code of the rom -perhaps one of the updates from this week- so unless someone starts messing with that I guess we'll have to wait for another update to really fix the issue.
It's a shame though.

I wonder where are the admins, I didn't hear from them. o_O

Hopefully they are trying to help with the issue. Usually if you don't have anything constructive to say, it's best to keep quiet, maybe that's what they're doing.

I wonder where are the admins, I didn't hear from them. o_O

We don't have this device. Reboots are blantant errors yes, but also a needle in a haystack without a log. Just grab logcats after the restart (hoping that it didn't get wiped), and post those. That will help us fix it.

via adb (adb logcat > log.txt)

We cannot say, "SGS2 is rebooting". That is not a bug report, we're given nothing to go on.

I have the same problem after clean install 2.4.20, complete wipe and fresh install, the device keeps rebooting, tried to go into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik but still no success, reverted back to my previous rom :(

Hey guys maybe a lil tip but don't take it to seriously, last week I downloaded a desktop manager for android and they are awesome one of them had a log viewer while your device is running that opens up I'll get the name and maybe you can post from there? Just a thought but seems like best bet I'll try uploading it when the reboot happens any idea how I can replicate the reboot?
*EDIT* The App is called Android Commander heres the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=597098
Or http://androidcommander.com/

Sent from my GT-I9100

My phone is also doing this. It's completely unstable. I currently have no phone.

How do i get logs?

My phone is also doing this. It's completely unstable. I currently have no phone.

How do i get logs?

adb logcat > log.txt (assuming you have the Android SDK installed.)

Please confirm your on the most updated version (2.4.27) before posting a log.

This may not be a reboot as such, had very few of them since 2.4.27, previously they were all the time. This time around the screen won't switch on, so am not sure if its been turned off or what. Remove battery and it all works fine.

this also happened to me couple of times now..the haptic feedback of the power button & center button are working but the screen is not lighting up..as Kam_El said the battery should be removed to bring it back to life..I'm in 2.4.27 with SGS2.

this also happened to me couple of times now..the haptic feedback of the power button & center button are working but the screen is not lighting up..as Kam_El said the battery should be removed to bring it back to life..I'm in 2.4.27 with SGS2.

Happens to me as well...random restarts even when the phone is idle