In Progress SGS2 - 2.7.6 - trouble battery drain!!

mjarian

Members
Jan 28, 2012
Very bad battery drain in 2.7.6 version!
I was in 2.6.22 it's good, but 2.7.6...!!

And Root permission is buggy!

Only positive fix in 2.7.6 is no reboot...

I would recommend wiping your cache/dalvik and try wiping battery stats. Fully charge your phone. Are you using another kernel?

Same with Nexus S, drained almost 30% of battery on standby of 8 hours in night. Earlier it was hardly 2-3%. is there any bug?

Use betterbatterystats to check if something is keeping your device awake.. No drain here on my sgs2 (with siyah)

I was getting some major battery drain. checked better battery stats and it showed a massive kernel wakelock suspend_backoff. After sone research it seems it was caused by chrome browser. Uninstalled it and now its fine.

Yeah, check those 3rd party apps. The free XDA app actually has a bug right now and will drain battery because it is constantly making connections to the Google ads.

Re-pushed the ROM 2.7.6 , and freeze most of the Apps to be run from Background under ManageAppAutoStart. running Ok by now. Looking forward for MIUI to do great job as always..

Hi all,
can confirm that MIUI has massive Battery-drain since version 29.6. By checking CPU with cpu spy it seems that load is much higher in general. F.E. music stays in 500 Mhz as with 22.6. it stays on 200MhZ.
Can't imagine that it is just a problem of chrome-browser. Must be the new kernel. Even with Siyah drain still is much higher than with MIUI 22.6.
Ideas anybody?

Hi all,
can confirm that MIUI has massive Battery-drain since version 29.6. By checking CPU with cpu spy it seems that load is much higher in general. F.E. music stays in 500 Mhz as with 22.6. it stays on 200MhZ.
Can't imagine that it is just a problem of chrome-browser. Must be the new kernel. Even with Siyah drain still is much higher than with MIUI 22.6.
Ideas anybody?

Not sure what causes it, I just know chrome is involved, I have tried other kernels and get the same issue.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1743669

Thanks Steslatt,
seems the problem is really Chrome or the bookmark-Sync. Will reinstall 2.7.6.. delete sync first and check. If still high CPU load, will delete Chrome and then we will see.
I will report the result here

Made some tests that lead me to the conclusion, that it is NOT only the problem of chrome or bookmark sync. Even if these 2 are uninstalled, cpu loads are much higher than with 20622.
In my opinion it is a problem of the new kernel that was introduced in 20629 which already gave higher cpu loads: Optimise Kernel update to B115 (from changelog).

If you install Siyah on 020706 cpu load decreases to normal Siyah standard, which still is higher than with 20622.

I hope next updated might solve the problem. Till then I stay on 20622 which gives best battery life

Hi all,
Ideas anybody?
I have Siyah kernel, and my battery life-time suks...Now with the new version i didn't flash any custom kernel.Maybe the problem will be solved.

Hi Bagi00,

could you do us all a favour and check with CPU Spy if main frequencies after some time of use are

Deep Sleep - >50%
200MHz approx 15%
500 MhZ approx 2%
800 MhZ approx 4%
1000 0%
1200 1%

Might prevent us from updating ;)

Hi Bagi00,

could you do us all a favour and check with CPU Spy if main frequencies after some time of use are

Deep Sleep - >50%
200MHz approx 15%
500 MhZ approx 2%
800 MhZ approx 4%
1000 0%
1200 1%

Might prevent us from updating ;)

Shure, this is it(after an half hour):

Deep Sleep : 36%
200MHz : 45 %
500MHz: 3%
800MHz: 7%
1000MHz: 0%
1200MHz: 6%

I observe that my phone doesn't overheat!!amazing...i keep MIUI's stock kernel!

i think it's good to update our phones!;)

Hi Bagi00,

thanks for quick reply! Really seems worth updating as Kernel-bug seems to be fixed. I give it a try

Cheers

Hi!after a day of intense phone usage i see that the drain battery bug isn't solved! I have this problem only when i use music app..probably the lock screen but i change them and nothing change!i haven't custom kernel..i hope to solve this problem with the next update or with our tips ;)

Same here, battery drain still massive. Even after clean-install (reset user-data).
Really seems to be a problem of the kernel. Not only affecting music but the whole spectrum of CPU frequencies is lifted to higher CPU frequencies.. Back to 20622.
Hope this will be fixed .-)

Hi!after a day of intense phone usage i see that the drain battery bug isn't solved! I have this problem only when i use music app..probably the lock screen but i change them and nothing change!i haven't custom kernel..i hope to solve this problem with the next update or with our tips ;)

I have noticed that when the phone is active and miuimusic is running, CPU cycles between 500mhz and 800mhz, mostly 500mhz. When locking the phone (clearing stats before doing so) and let it play for a while, then when I turn screen back on and check stats, it seems that cpu is locked at highest step (my case 1000mhz, siyah, using voltage control to check cpu stepping). Will try to create a logcat of this phenomenon.

I have noticed that when the phone is active and miuimusic is running, CPU cycles between 500mhz and 800mhz, mostly 500mhz. When locking the phone (clearing stats before doing so) and let it play for a while, then when I turn screen back on and check stats, it seems that cpu is locked at highest step (my case 1000mhz, siyah, using voltage control to check cpu stepping). Will try to create a logcat of this phenomenon.
Thanks for your log!I'm now back to the 2.6.29, because i don't know how fix this problem..and battery life is important for me!

no idea how to solve it?

I can confirm this issue,

Cpuspy stats :
1200 :11%
800:2%
500:10%
200:56%
Deep Sleep :19%

Most of the time the phone was idle and charging.

Almost the same on my SGS2.
It don't use a lot of CPU(according to Cpu SPY at least), but the phone get FRRRRRICKING HOT, and I lost ~70% when listening to Music for 2-2.5h.
FYI, MIUI 2.7.13 & Siyah Kernel 3.3.3d

Hello,

I have the same problem when I listen music when screenoff (no battery drain when screen on).
If I :
- play music
- screen off
=> cpu is @100%

If I :
- play music
- screen off
- turn off the animation equalizer (double tap on unlock button)
- screen off
=> no cpu drain

I hope this will help developpers ;-)

Still getting massive battery drain with 0 usage (nothing running hogging either, mostly in deep sleep or 200)

I can barely get through a work day :S on 2.6 didn't have this problem, haven't even changed kernel builds (although updated to see if it would help which it didn't :/)

Not sure what details would help with the bug hunting either :S