New SGS2 - I9100 - 3.3.29 - Some bugs

Orpheus

Members
Nov 1, 2011
Hello all

I came back from JellyBam ROM to MiUI ;)
As usual very smooth ! :)

Anyway i have some issues:
- Home button (the middle one) doesnt seem to be zorking :
- Browser not working :
- After providing my PIN, i have another bootimage (MiUI) dont know if it's a bug...
- When accessing quick settings, the button on top is not working (before it launched the Settings part)
- Google Play app notification not shown anymore...

Status after having applied redmaner process:
Home button : OK
Browser : OK
Dual bootimage after PIN OK : Still present (dont know if bug or not)
GPlay notification : OK

No one of this bug i see on my phone you have to do full wipe before install V5.Only WhatsApp but i choose image from gallery then share and choose WhatsApp.

Well, I just restored my previous rom, so I can only say I had the boot animation duplication too (boot animation-pin enter-boot animation again). I had not just a full wipe before, but factory reset too.
On the other hand, about the whatsapp bug I gotta say, if there's a way to do something, and it ends up with freezing it's annoying, not to mention it's not going to be the last one.

i did a complete wipe (wipe data cache dalvik.) any step i may have missed ?
enigmatic do u have similar issues as mine ?

You have to flash MIUI then reboot
After reboot flash gapps.
Have you done it in this order?

If you don't do it in this order you get that home button bug.

recovery flash miui reboot into recovery and flash gapps thats it ? And reboot?

No reboot in MIUI then reboot to recovery and flash gapps

I guess its gonna be at least 1-2 months til it will be close to stable. I mean the latest v4 miui was unstable a bit too.

@RedManer:
Tried your approach ... and you know what ?
It's workinggggg :p

Very smooth MiUI as usual (but it was a pain to change the default launcher lol...

But very promising and stable ROM as usual ^^

+1 for the whatsapp bug...
+ high battery usage: maybe you could suggest a better kernel

I installed last night, had to roll back.

On Ubuntu - when connecting SGS2 via USB, the sd cards (int & ext) both showed up on PC, but the volume names looked odd and timed out while trying to browse (works fine on same PC under 3.2.22). Will try again but might be worth someone else checking they can explore their sd cards when mounted as mass storage via usb.

I've got ongoing issues with 3.2.22 - main;y occasional freezes and significant battery drain. So I'm chomping at the bit for Miui5. Thanks for getting it this far.

For me i think i will rollback to my previous ROM.
- Phone simply stopped working after my first alarm which almost led me to forget to go to work.
- And battery usage which was quite OK before became a battery drain... You can see attached printscreen.
- MI (Xiaomi.com) bootscreen regularly displayed

Will let him a last chance before going back to aother ROM (i dont like this idea...)

I can attach if needed logcats ...
(Just had a quick look lots of "Unknown window type 2998"in ERROR)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-03-09-03-57.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-03-09-03-57.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 235
I finally had to rollback ... :(
Indeed always MI (xiaomi.com) displayed + boot failed .. blocked on miui - tried to wipe cache/dalvik... :(

Will come back soon to MiUI :)

Just installed the latest rom . Miui Gallery only shows 500 photos, the latest 106 photos cant be seen. Its like my phone took a photo in march last time. weird

solved itself after 20 forced close.

Whatsapp image attachent bug still present. please do something, really annoying.