New SGS2 i9100 - 3.5.24 - Misc issues

Orpheus

Members
Nov 1, 2011
Hello all

As far as i've read, seems I9100 has a lot of bugs.. but it's "normal" as it just left the beta testing part !! :)

So far on my S2 i've following issues:
- phone doesnt reboot... no logo samsung (already raised)
- phone cannot be recognized as usb device - only have MTP and PTP options
- when USB debugging is enabled and my phone plugged on a PC, i dont have any option displayed on the screen to tell me USB Debug is ON...

for the last one dont know if bug or not.
i dont have any expendable notification....

USB mass storage is disabled on Jelly Bean... actually was also on ICS, just Samsung enabled it again...

Yeah but I can't copy videos or music properly because of how Windows handles MTP devices.
I would also like to add the know charging bug (heating and not charging) as another heating problem occurring with the use of Winamp app.

Yeah but I can't copy videos or music properly because of how Windows handles MTP devices.
I would also like to add the know charging bug (heating and not charging) as another heating problem occurring with the use of Winamp app.
just switch from PTP mode to MTP... in PTP you can copy only pictures.. MTP is for multimedia and files..

Some Android versions will allow you to view and transfer any file via MTP, even hidden and dotted files and folders; others will allow you only from a whitelist. Samsung stock ROMs behave powerfully here so I recommend them.

If you want Mass Storage mode you should use stock Samsung also, MIUI lacks it even if is supported by the hardware.

Any update regarding the points I've raised and its ETA for the fix ? (the more critical one being the reboot ...)