New SGS2 MIUI 2.5.11- SOD with default kernel

mzeshanhakeem

Members
May 10, 2012
I have installed miui rom 2.5.11 with full wipe. first two days it worked fine. Today i got SOD 2 times in 5hrs.
i am using default miui kernel.
is someone else facing SOD? please confirm.

Also, my phone got stuck once applying theme and i had to take out battery to get it work again.

i did it before installation.
do i have to do it again?

experiancing battery drain too fast. only gets 2hrs screen on time.

If you did it already before flashing the new MiUI 2.5.11 is should be okay. You could try it again to do a full factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache, otherwise I don't know.

If you did it already before flashing the new MiUI 2.5.11 is should be okay. You could try it again to do a full factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache, otherwise I don't know.
did it again dude.
it fine now. but battery drains too fast.

Is your SGS hotter than before? It could be that both cpu's are always on, this could explain the batterydrain. I too have siyah 3.2 and batterylife is pretty decent.

Is your SGS hotter than before? It could be that both cpu's are always on, this could explain the batterydrain. I too have siyah 3.2 and batterylife is pretty decent.
i did not try siyah kernel for long, as i mentioned above my phone was hanged during video call on gtalk twice. So i returned back to default kernel.
i don't use UV, OC and Ex tweaks because i don't want a single reboot or hang. I prefer; stability which never comes if you change voltage or do OC, and peace of mind.