Resolved SGS3 unable to create Xiaomi account

Sivaram Kannan

Members
Jan 24, 2013
Hi,

I installed MIUI 3.1.18 in my SGS3 yesterday and the ROM looked awesome. Even without google gallery sync I was inclined to use the rom untill I tried to change the themes. When I tried to download the theme, it asked me to create a Xiaomi account and when I tried to create the account it keeps saying network failure in case of SMS registration and Email registration. I had to revert from the rom due to this. Has any one faced this issue and is there a work around to this one??

Thanks,
./Siva.

Done and thanks. I did try to register yesterday, but I could see only chinese characters yesterday. Downloading the themes right now.

./Siva.

i get the same issue so i went on that website but i can't get the confermation email, i tried so many times with different emails and in so many ways that im gone out crazy!!! registration via carrier gives errors, via mail it's impossible etc etc who the hell has created this madness?

I actually did not register to xiaomi, but to an website called mitalk.com which also applies to xiaomi. Fact was ultimately I was disappointed with all the fuss(I mainly registered for themes and the themes are so big, one theme is almost 45MB) and went to a stock based rom with an launcher called Lightning launcher - so far so good.

Thx Silvaran, unfortunately didnt work :/ dont know why but i cant get the convalidating mail from that website neither...and i use gmail, and i'm getting a lot of mail from other website so the problem isnt me. Dont know why they did all this mess...anyway i'm tired by all this, already deleted miui, bye.

I'm having trouble register through xiaomi or mitalk.com. What's the deal? Does North America not like China? LOL

We reported to Xiaomi this problem (many international users got same issues) and they fixed, now it should works fine.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI-2 with Tapatalk 2

Great, it's working for me now, thanks!