Should I buy Hongmi 1S from taobao.com if I am not in china ?

ZZYYY

Members
Feb 19, 2014
Hi guys,

I recently stumbled upon a very interesting topic about the release of Hongmi 1s in Feb, 20. I am not living in china and my country's GSM-band is 900/1800 mhz. I read about some guys said : you can not use 3G data service in our country because its 3G was made for CDMA and we only has 3G GSM

Can anyone please clarify me the truth? Can i buy and use Xiaomi in other asian countries than China?

Thanks alot guys.

Call your operator or search in google what is the 3G frequency in your country and compare with the specs of the phone.
Normal RR has two models, TDCMA and WCDMA

Reactions: ZZYYY
Call your operator or search in google what is the 3G frequency in your country and compare with the specs of the phone.
Normal RR has two models, TDCMA and WCDMA

hey thank you, you are awesome ;) !

I already did the comparison. And WCDMA is tecnically GSM, right ? Does Hongmi usually come lock or unlock ?

I really appreciate your help :D

thanks guy. I go hopping for one right now :D. Will have an unbox article for your viewing pleasure :D

Hello

As far as I know CDMA is a kind of 3G (mainly data layer). As it have been written the 1st Hongmi first existed in TDCMA (a kind of 3G used almost only in china) and after came a WCDMA (the common 3G in Europe for example)
WCDMA is a evolution of CDMA with a wider bandwidth and is part of the UMTS.
If you planned to use your Hongmi 1S on 2G,2,5G (GSM and EDGE) it will be no prob but if you want 3G you probably have to verify that your phone company is compatible CDMA (as I wrote in Europe the norm is WCDMA and not CDMA)

Reactions: ZZYYY
Hello

As far as I know CDMA is a kind of 3G (mainly data layer). As it have been written the 1st Hongmi first existed in TDCMA (a kind of 3G used almost only in china) and after came a WCDMA (the common 3G in Europe for example)
WCDMA is a evolution of CDMA with a wider bandwidth and is part of the UMTS.
If you planned to use your Hongmi 1S on 2G,2,5G (GSM and EDGE) it will be no prob but if you want 3G you probably have to verify that your phone company is compatible CDMA (as I wrote in Europe the norm is WCDMA and not CDMA)

I have read about this in other article. Sadly, I won't have 3G data with Hongmi 1S for sure. Just have to wait for the international version Redmi 1S. I don't know why marketing dept. of Xiaomi made such decision.