Should I Buy Xiaomi 13 Pro 5G From Xiaomi UK or Ebay Seller In China?

LadyM

Members
Mar 18, 2024
The Ebay seller based in China has the 13 Pro for GBP62 cheaper and in the colour I want.
He has the Chinese ROM with English and Google play store and OTA updates and the Global ROM with English and Google play store but no OTA updates.

He says OTA updates actually aren't necessary for this phone. I Googled what they are and it seems it's over the air updates.
I reckon updates must be important but how shall I update if not available OTA?
If I'll get notifications and just click some buttons then it'll be straight forward but if I need to do other complicated things often it might become a useless phone for me.

I've just stumbled on this site and found about issues with the ROM ie Chinese vs Global ROM.

I've stumbled on complaints about no OTA updates on the Global ROM. Chinese ROM full of Chinese apps/bloatware, can't use banking apps etc.
This is giving me concern.
I'm trying to decide between buying from Xiaomi UK or Ebay UK.

Xiaomi UK has no info about ROM.

What do you think please? Pay GBP62 more for a colour I'll just be ok with and hopefully it''ll update OTA and work with my banking apps?
Or Buy what I actually want cheaper and do a super easy ork around following a Youtube video for example?

Chinese versions of devices with Global ROM:
- broken GPay and some applications requiring security measures.
- B20 LTE band support is missing

Chinese versions of devices with Global ROM:
- broken GPay and some applications requiring security measures.
- B20 LTE band support is missing
If Google Pay is an app or a "tap phone"to pay feature I don't use it.
I use banking apps, investment apps and pay online on websites typing in my card.
Bank apps are the security measures requiring apps I suspect?
What's B20 LTE?

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/GB/xiaomi-13-pro was just given this but not 100% I understand it.
I live in London but travel a lot within the country and a bit outside.

Edit: I see the B20 crossed out, so that means no service on that wave length. Hmm..

Just chatted with Xiaomi UK they say it's UK ROM and no call recording from MIUI 14.

This is typically British. :emoji_joy: There is no such thing as a "UK ROM". There will be Global EEA ROM.