Should I buy redmi 1s?

vainroma

Members
Dec 9, 2012
I own the redmi note which has 2 GB RAM (and I am very pleased), now I want to buy another phone (a small one) and I would like to know what do you (the owners of redmi 1s) think about your phone?
I have only one problem (that makes me think twice), 1GB RAM!
P.S.
will this phone receive miui V6 upgrade?

Yes, it only has 1GB ram, and that is a huge problem.

dont buy it.

you will get a phone that is self-closing apps (bad ram management), and it closes like 5 seconds after opening the apps. This is a well documented bug. Just search here, on this forum.

run away from this phone

It's "only" the best seller for xiaomi, but for some reason, they do not want to fix this huge self closing apps bug.

That really makes this a useless phone

Yes, it only has 1GB ram, and that is a huge problem.

dont buy it.

you will get a phone that is self-closing apps (bad ram management), and it closes like 5 seconds after opening the apps. This is a well documented bug. Just search here, on this forum.

run away from this phone

It's "only" the best seller for xiaomi, but for some reason, they do not want to fix this huge self closing apps bug.

That really makes this a useless phone

Thanks for the info...

That's surprising ! I own a Redmi 1S and I haven't any FC. Try to wipe cache and Dalvik cache, that helps.

I haven't experienced this problem with my phone yet. I guess if you don't use too many apps there won't be any problem.

True!

If you don't use it at all, you will not have any problem either.

I suggest to buy it and just leave it at home in some drawer...

That's it. Fixed!

No need to excaggerate. I use it for whatsapp, facebook, planning my journeys, browse the internet and I play a game every once a while. Never had any problems. At all.

I was going to get one but reading between the lines, updates are quite slow and it's buggy. Am I wrong? Honestly??

Well I know updates aren't weekly, and there's a lot on here and miui forum about bugs so it's understandable.

Do you find its quick enough and bug free?

Wel, I think there is a terrible mistake somewhere. You all are blaming the Phone as a whole. I also own a Redmi 1S. But I am using CM11 and it works on it like a charm, perfectly! No FC on multitasking. memory management as it has to be and smooth as butter. The culprit is the stock MIUI ROM which is buggy and not the hardware. The hardware is the best you can get at this price. Go for it and change the ROM to CM11. Now you have a phone that is on par with an iPhone 5s! I can vouch personally for that!

Wel, I think there is a terrible mistake somewhere. You all are blaming the Phone as a whole. I also own a Redmi 1S. But I am using CM11 and it works on it like a charm, perfectly! No FC on multitasking. memory management as it has to be and smooth as butter. The culprit is the stock MIUI ROM which is buggy and not the hardware. The hardware is the best you can get at this price. Go for it and change the ROM to CM11. Now you have a phone that is on par with an iPhone 5s! I can vouch personally for that!

Yeah but thats not the point. Many people just want to buy a phone that works out the box and not have to go out of their way flash CM11 which is not even an official rom. I recently picked up a Redmi 1s for a friend and she phoned me the other day saying there were lots of app crashes, high ram use and slow downs etc etc and i had flashed the latest miui rom. Now I don't know what the hell to do, its embarrassing, I will try and flash an earlier rom but its a complete joke, xiaomi have lost it. Definitely be thinking twice before buying any of their products again.

Sere, since you are already stuck with something you bought, there is no use of complaining now than try to rectify your problem. Ans since there is already a better solution that to flash MIUI again and again repent for that, why don't you flash CM11 and get rid of your problems once and for all and make the best of your phone that already has awesome hardware :) Here is what I use now and am fully happy with...:)
https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...i/armani/cm-11-20140920-UNOFFICIAL-armani.zip

Here is the page to it: http://thebroodle.com/xiaomi/redmi-1s/cm11-stable-xiaomi-redmi-1s-android-4-4-4-kitkat-bugless-rom/

Ya, with that price u put in what did you expect. stop whining and saying you deserve better.
htc did the same thing to my desire s. if you were to read any flagship devices there are bounds to be complain as well.
Get a grip, you bought a phone for that reasonable price and are expecting more, just be logical.
If you want to compare, compare it with other phones at the same price, not matching to higher range phones.
your whining and expectations are the only joke around here.

Ya, with that price u put in what did you expect. stop whining and saying you deserve better.
htc did the same thing to my desire s. if you were to read any flagship devices there are bounds to be complain as well.
Get a grip, you bought a phone for that reasonable price and are expecting more, just be logical.
If you want to compare, compare it with other phones at the same price, not matching to higher range phones.
your whining and expectations are the only joke around here.

U been smoking something? Get a grip? Are you insane? I've bought a few phones in the same price category and cheaper and they worked fine never had any of these issues like the Remi 1s. You must have pretty damn low standards to buy products and be happy to have these sort of critical bugs like high ram usage, over heating, force closes that make the phone basically unusable.

Moto G owners have none of these issues and the hardware is almost the same. Many other cheaper devices from chinese manufacturers do not have any of these issues, I know because i've owned many.

If I buy a product, I expect it to work no matter how much it cost. period. Nothing to argue about. Just be logical? If you think it is logical for a company to have this many critical issues in their software after the phone has been on the market for this long and the company has taken so many peoples money, you literally need to get your head checked out at the doctor, that would be a logical step. You are obviously happy getting ripped off.

since I flashed KitKat CM11 Mokee ROM, I don't think I will ever go back to using MIUI ROM
This ROM should have been on Redmi 1S from the start!
link:
http://thebroodle.com/xiaomi/redmi-1s/mokee-cm-11-kitkat-rom-for-xiaomi-redmi-1s/

Try it out and you'll see the BIG difference :)

Does the camera work on this mokee rom? And does the xiaomi recovery stay on the phone after you install TWRP?

According to this link http://www.technokick.com/install-unofficial-mokee-rom-based-cm11-xiaomi-redmi-1s-indian-version/ it says bugs include...

1. Slow charging
2. Not so good battery backup
3. Default Camera crashes when panorama mode or Photosphere is selected (You can anytime download a 3rd party app from the Google Play Store)
4. Ringer doesn’t ring for second SIM calls (If you encounter any more please mention it in the comments) - See more at: http://www.technokick.com/install-u...redmi-1s-indian-version/#sthash.xjCGc0kp.dpuf

Last edited:
The charging speed seems just like the old MIUI ROM I was using before CM11...but I do notice the phone charges faster if you're using a power bank instead of mains whether MIUI or CM11

Not sure...sorry what is battery backup?

Tested the default camera for panorama mode - took a few panoramic shots and didn't crash. I was running some apps like browser in the background while using camera.

I'm only using one SIM card - it does ring when I get a call, but not sure about second SIM.

Also, I'm using App Quarantine to freeze apps that I don't use. When I need to use them then I unfreeze it... think this also helps with the RAM usage

Hi lads, I'm using Mokee since July on Mi2s and I'm very very happy. I'm waiting the delivery of Hongmi 1s and I'll install Cwm and Mokee the very first day I'll get the device in my hands. Miui is too heavy and get easily the phone a owen like.

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

No need to excaggerate. I use it for whatsapp, facebook, planning my journeys, browse the internet and I play a game every once a while. Never had any problems. At all.
Agreed... Redmi 1S is a very good phone in this range of price. And 1GB ram is, in fact, enough for me. Stop blaming Redmi and go for a higher specs/higher price phone if needed...