Sim Card Issues With Mix 2 And Telekom (de)

Filthy_Fellow

Members
Oct 14, 2017
Hallo there,

as there are some people having issues with their mobiles (not only from Xiaomi) and SIM cards from the Telekom or Congstar, a lot of different threads and theories are going around. One major Problem seems to be some kind of "incorrect" correspondence between the phone and the SIM. One theory says that the SIM-Toolkit is asking for supported features (MEC-Request) and the phone gives a "yes" for answer, but in fact it doesn´t support those requested features, resulting in an error and in consequence a new request.
So and endless cycle starts and this loop kills the SIM over time, because of reaching the limit of write and read processes.
What I would like to know, is if there are any related experiences with Xiaomi.eu-ROMs or any way to solve the problem within the software?

Kindly regards

Filthy_Fellow

2 T-Mobile cards here (private and work), one card is from 2008 (used a cutter to make a nano SIM from normal SIM) and one from last year.
I used the Cards already in a lot of different Phones (Iphone 3G, 4, 5, OPO, OP2, XiaomiMI5, 5S, Redmi Note 4)

Never had any Issue. Kein Problem.

NFCMicroSIM.png

I had the same problem in Mi Note Pro and Mi5s, SIM dead after 2-4 weeks. I found a solution. Go to the Telekom Shop, describe the problem and say that you need a "C/T6"-SIM-Card. This card type seems to be compatible with our phones, have it since 10 months and never had a problem with it.

Hallo there,

as there are some people having issues with their mobiles (not only from Xiaomi) and SIM cards from the Telekom or Congstar, a lot of different threads and theories are going around. One major Problem seems to be some kind of "incorrect" correspondence between the phone and the SIM. One theory says that the SIM-Toolkit is asking for supported features (MEC-Request) and the phone gives a "yes" for answer, but in fact it doesn´t support those requested features, resulting in an error and in consequence a new request.
So and endless cycle starts and this loop kills the SIM over time, because of reaching the limit of write and read processes.
What I would like to know, is if there are any related experiences with Xiaomi.eu-ROMs or any way to solve the problem within the software?

Kindly regards

Filthy_Fellow

View attachment 17529

I had the same problem in Mi Note Pro and Mi5s, SIM dead after 2-4 weeks. I found a solution. Go to the Telekom Shop, describe the problem and say that you need a "C/T6"-SIM-Card. This card type seems to be compatible with our phones, have it since 10 months and never had a problem with it.
Hi,

unfortunately the chance of getting a NFC-SIM is nearly zero, because those cards are no longer available. The second problem is, that those cards may not be the solvation, but just a delay for the SIM death (NFC cards do have a bigger capacity for write and read processes, so it takes only longer to kill them, if the original problem isn't solved).
Telekom says, that they have a updated SIM-card generation, that shall be compatible (c/v..). The variant I had was a c/w7 and now a c/we and I guess it will die in a couple of weeks to.
But a fix of the original problem - the false communication between phone and SIM/SIM-Toolkit - would be the better way for sure. But I don't have a clue if it's possible, as it's a small amount of users that has to deal with this issue..

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2 mit Tapatalk

The first sim card died after 3-4 weeks. Now I have a c/we sim card. I hope this card will works long time...