Invalid Skip lock screen grayed out after turning on lock screen password

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolkien3000

Members
Jul 27, 2019
So I have Redmi Note 4x Global Version with the latest updates. I wanted to use my brand new Mi Band 4 to unlock the phone faster, the fingerprint is not always reliable.
So I googled how to do it:
1. Enabled Developer Options.
2. Enabled Skip Lock Screen.
3. Enabled Lock Screen Password.
4. I check Skip Lock Screen again in dev options and is grayed out.

I won't complain here that this option should not be under Developer Options, it should be in Lock Screen Password. But I will complain that it's not working. I need to swipe up the screen in order for Mi Band to unlock the phone.

I bought Redmi Note 7 recently and awaiting delivery. Does this happen also to that one? How to solve this?
P.S.
This could be very well my latest Chinese phone. Software bugs are what differentiate Premium companies from Cheap ones.

By how you finished your post with that "my latest Chinese phone", I think that you're a bit confused. We don't care which phone you buy, we're not paid either way. This is a free custom ROM project, so you may want to complain directly to the people you pay salary to: https://c.mi.com/oc/forum-1898-1.html

By how you finished your post with that "my latest Chinese phone", I think that you're a bit confused. We don't care which phone you buy, we're not paid either way. This is a free custom ROM project, so you may want to complain directly to the people you pay salary to: https://c.mi.com/oc/forum-1898-1.html

Then what is this site about? I have a problem and there may be unofficial solutions. Why you tagged it as Invalid ?

P.S. Look at breadcrumb, how you get to a bug report, you think this is a good UX? Why not have a dedicated bugs section?

Then what is this site about? I have a problem and there may be unofficial solutions. Why you tagged it as Invalid ?

P.S. Look at breadcrumb, how you get to a bug report, you think this is a good UX? Why not have a dedicated bugs section?
Do you even use xiaomi.eu???

This is what you are looking for:
https://c.mi.com

I'm even angrier because I've bought another Xiaomi phone after I said that I go for a Pixel. Now it's completely clear to me, never to buy xiaomi and btw then why your forum is named Xiaomi, MIUI fans lol? Shouldn't this domain be brought by them a long time ago? The website creation and maintenance are quite expensive also, how you support it?

Last edited:
I've got no answer there, cause you know.. Xioami have ****** support.

I'm even angrier because I've bought another Xiaomi phone after I said that I go for a Pixel. Now it's completely clear to me, never to buy xiaomi and btw then why your forum is named Xiaomi, MIUI fans lol? Shouldn't this domain be brought by them a long time ago? The website creation and maintenance are quite expensive also, how you support it?
How is that any of your business? Jeez...

How is that any of your business? Jeez...

Cause he said this website is not sponsored or related to Xiaomi in any way.
P.S. Yea sure, you have NOTHING to do with xiaomi, c' mon we're not naive. Entire forum for an Android custom interface, which is considered bad by too many.

Last edited:
Cause he said this website is not sponsored or related to Xiaomi in any way.
P.S. Yea sure, you have NOTHING to do with xiaomi, c' mon we're not naive. Entire forum for an Android custom interface, which is considered bad by too many.
Better choose your words carefully. You are making baseless accusation here.
No, this forum has nothing to do with Xiaomi. It is hosted and maintained by volunteers.

Reactions: maksz
Status
Not open for further replies.