Skype and other apps incompatible?!

Cry.This

Members
Jun 2, 2013
Hey guys!
I bought a Xiaomi MI-2S and succesfully installed the latest ROM (3.5.31) from this site. Google Play works now and I can install apps, that are banned in the MI Store are available.
The only problem I have now, is that there are several common apps, there are according to google play incompatible with my phone, among them Skype and a flashcards app I was frequently using.
Is that a known problem? What can I do about that?

EDIT: To be more precise, the error message I get is the following:
"This app is incompatible with your China Unicom Xiaomi MI 2S.
China Unicom Xiaomi MI 2S
This item cannot be installed in your device's country."

Does that mean, I could install the app, if I was not using a China Unicom SIM card?

Okay, I managed to do it. The key was to use a VPN to germany on both(!) my PC and my phone. Once connected on both devices, I searched the Google Play website for the app (e.g. Skype) with my PC. The device check then told me unexpectedly, that my phone was compatible. Next I copied the URL from my browser and send it to my phone (e.g. via email). On my phone I chose to open the link in the mail with the Google Play App. And guess what? It just worked. I could download any app I wanted without country restriction in China.

I assume, that the key was to pretend that both my PC and my phone were not in China. Hope that helps other people in future.

Peace!

or, you just download the apk and side-load the app?

I don´t know have not had this problem.