Skype-video call-cant set front camera to work

Babbal

Members
Dec 3, 2012
Hello.

While searching, I saw several threads regarding video calls and skype. Not sure if any of those had what im looking for.

I just cant set up front camera to work while video calling (enabled). I see little black screen (person i communicate see black as well) and cant figure how to set it up. Would appreciate any help..

not sure if this works but it works in my tablet.
u set front camera in ur camera app. now start skype and see if ur front cam video calling works...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Will try it but somehow i doubt it.

Found this in mean time:

"You'll require to enable camera in your android device to be used as a webcam for working with Skype videp calls.

Firstly install an app called "IP Webcam" in your device.After that configure the settings which include the login and password, resolution, FPS, image quality, and TCP port no which is 8080 by default and works nicely.

You'll need to install a webcam plugin to use your android camera with Skype.Download webcam plugin and install it on your device.Once it gets installed,Plugin will ask you to provide IP Address, port number, username and password you have set up in IP webcam.
Now you can use your android device with skype"
Will give it a try at home

EDIT: It work. Allthough, while testing in same room with other smartphone, call had "scriptic" sound....

I also had the same problem - skype could not start front camera.
As suggested, I solved by turning on front camera in camera app AND switching to video mode. Then skype managed to start the front camera.
Regards!

Hi all,
i have just received my MI2S and noticed the same problem which seems to be software related and an isolated problem.
The issue happens whenever i attempt to use the front-facing camera using the native camera app. the app will freeze and remains unusable until a full reboot is performed, the phone however continues to function normally. This bug consequently affects all video related apps such as Skype, Tango etc ...
I have flashed my ROM based on some other thread's recommendation but the problem persists.

Android version: 4.1.1 JRO03L
MIUI version: MIUI-JLB34.0

Has anyone experienced the same issue and found a workaround ?
I have attempted the above suggestions but to no avail still.
Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
xiaoboy

Hi all,
i have just received my MI2S and noticed the same problem which seems to be software related and an isolated problem.
The issue happens whenever i attempt to use the front-facing camera using the native camera app. the app will freeze and remains unusable until a full reboot is performed, the phone however continues to function normally. This bug consequently affects all video related apps such as Skype, Tango etc ...
I have flashed my ROM based on some other thread's recommendation but the problem persists.

Android version: 4.1.1 JRO03L
MIUI version: MIUI-JLB34.0

Has anyone experienced the same issue and found a workaround ?
I have attempted the above suggestions but to no avail still.
Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
xiaoboy

Same problem here... The front facing camera works whenever it wants. Sometimes just a reboot solves the problem momentaneously.

This issue seems to plague the MI2S only, mine does not work at all, not even intermittently.
Sounds like a fundamental bug that was overlooked which is a pity for an otherwise great phone.
Is there a way we can raise a case with MIUI developers directly ?
Am surprised that not as many people have brought this up.

This issue seems to plague the MI2S only, mine does not work at all, not even intermittently.
Sounds like a fundamental bug that was overlooked which is a pity for an otherwise great phone.
Is there a way we can raise a case with MIUI developers directly ?
Am surprised that not as many people have brought this up.

I think this bug isn't exclusive of MI2S.... mine is a 16GB MI2...