Slide Performance since release 0.12.31

silent

Members
Jan 6, 2011
Hi all,

First I have to say "thank you all for the nice Roms!!! They are all amazing!"

I've got a question. I don't really know if it's really an issue. Since Miui 0.12.31 I think that sliding between homescreens isn't as smooth as in all versions before. It doesn't matter if I'm sliding very slow or even fast and neither it's the original rom nor with an installed language pack. Then I have tested the old ROM 0.12.24 and everything seems to be in order.
My question is, could it be that the new fading effect makes me believe that sliding between the different homescreens isn't smooth or isn't this really as smooth as before?

Is there a chance for deactivating this fading feature? I'm sorry but that's the reason why I'm currently using another Rom.

Thanks a lot and greetings from Germany!
Chris

Hi all,

First I have to say "thank you all for the nice Roms!!! They are all amazing!"

I've got a question. I don't really know if it's really an issue. Since Miui 0.12.31 I think that sliding between homescreens isn't as smooth as in all versions before. It doesn't matter if I'm sliding very slow or even fast and neither it's the original rom nor with an installed language pack. Then I have tested the old ROM 0.12.24 and everything seems to be in order.
My question is, could it be that the new fading effect makes me believe that sliding between the different homescreens isn't smooth or isn't this really as smooth as before?

Is there a chance for deactivating this fading feature? I'm sorry but that's the reason why I'm currently using another Rom.

Thanks a lot and greetings from Germany!
Chris

Haha, everyone wants to thank them:)go to settings, application , launcher. Choose the effect. I found out yesterday lol.

hey shockem,

I want to marry you :) thx a lot.

The deactivation is great but now I can see that sliding is not as smooth as in version 0.12.24 or older. My cpu clock was set to 691 MHz everytime and it was fine working with miui. Now I set it to 998 MHz (normal cpu clock) and it's like I'm using HTC Sense with the original HTC Rom without any free internal memory :(
I could only figure out that I have this problem only with the last two versions of Miui. It's really trange.

Did you try setting the graphics to not high quality in the launcher settings? I know on an incredible that is the difference between smooth transitions and jumpy ones.

thanks Ian,

that was the correct option. I'm only wondering ... high res graphics were still within the older version weren't they? Everytime I used them without any problems. Since 0.12.31 they strain the cpu of my Desire. Really strange. It seems that something changed within the new versions.

Thank you all. Now I'm a satisfied Miui user again :D

Thread can be closed