Slow Booting Of Mi2s With Miui 6 / 7

Rataplan626

Members
Jan 30, 2014
Hi, I've been using my 32GB Mi2S for one and a half year now, still very happy with it. I'm running the Miui MULTI weekly edition. One thing that bothers me though is the boot speed. See this video of the original MIUI V5 booting. Note that it's not my video, I can't understand a single word of it :) Still it shows the bootloader takes about 7 seconds to actually start booting the OS (the logo turned 'gold' which is the actual customized android boot animation). My own phone had the same boot speed with MIUI v5. Look at 1:05 for the actual boot.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ever since I flashed MIUI v6 and now v7, it takes 48 seconds for the bootloader to pass on to the actual OS, making the boottime until I can enter my pin 1 minute and 13 seconds. That's way too long I think. I did a complete wipe and reflash (with MiFlash) but the result is the same.

Anyone else that has this problem and is there a way to improve boot speeds?

Last edited:
Where's the video :)
And IMHO, I think it's because of the android version. Lollipop boots slower because it's optimizing more things

Ah sorry, it seems the link didn't make it to my post. Just updated it. For the record, I don't mind Android booting slower, the OS gets bigger and clunkier with every release (there, I've said it). My issue is that it takes over 45 seconds for the bootloader to pass on to actually start booting Android. When you boot your Mi2S, initially just a Xiaomi logo appears. Then after 48 seconds there is a short black flash, and then again the MI logo and an 'Android' text and some progress dots. That is when Android actually starts booting, as that logo with the text underneat is in fact the boot-animation (/system/media/bootanimation.zip). I wonder why it takes so long to start booting Android opposed to MIUI V5.

Problem? Currently MI2 has android 5 and this causes slower booting. Just don't bother and don't reboot your phone. Problem solved.

Wysłano z MI Note

You know when on KitKat you switch to art libraries and then reboot always takes a while, that I think is what happens by default in 5.0.2 (haven't experienced such a thing on 5.1.1)