Slow Mi Pad 2

mmd1989

Members
Jun 17, 2016
hey
I use last stable 8.1.3.0 rom
the performance is so poor
specially when using chrome
pressing home button take some time to go home, double tap to wake also take some time.
anyone face those kind of lagging ?

hey
I use last stable 8.1.3.0 rom
the performance is so poor
specially when using chrome
pressing home button take some time to go home, double tap to wake also take some time.
anyone face those kind of lagging ?

Hi, was having the same issues on mine and found your post but no one replied yet- ended up trying a few things which have actually helped. First I just updated chrome and a bunch of other apps I haven't updated in a while, then decided to reboot (hadn't restarted in a while) and clean my system cache (like windows temp files from previous updates, apps, installs etc.).

To clear cache , had to go to Android boot menu, hold up volume key down while booting takes you to a menu, where there's a reset menu option - it looks ominous but just takes you to a sub menu. Make sure you only delete system cache! Other options may delete your data or OS! There's usually a "confirm" step so some safety there!

Upshot is it's now running much smoother in chrome and doesn't do the "just a moment" waiting crap when I push home button now- seems much quicker! Good as I love this tablets build but was about to toss it for being slow and laggy...

Reactions: mmd1989
Hi, was having the same issues on mine and found your post but no one replied yet- ended up trying a few things which have actually helped. First I just updated chrome and a bunch of other apps I haven't updated in a while, then decided to reboot (hadn't restarted in a while) and clean my system cache (like windows temp files from previous updates, apps, installs etc.).

To clear cache , had to go to Android boot menu, hold up volume key down while booting takes you to a menu, where there's a reset menu option - it looks ominous but just takes you to a sub menu. Make sure you only delete system cache! Other options may delete your data or OS! There's usually a "confirm" step so some safety there!

Upshot is it's now running much smoother in chrome and doesn't do the "just a moment" waiting crap when I push home button now- seems much quicker! Good as I love this tablets build but was about to toss it for being slow and laggy...
Hey
Thanks for your reply..
I solved the problem by disabling "MIUI optimization" and "ram optimization" from Developer options.
for more information, check this thread:
https://goo.gl/eU44Tn