New Sluggish scroll speed in some apps after HyperOS update

Sep 12, 2023
I updated to hyperos (Xiaomi eu, latest weekly build) and the first thing that I noticed is that now the scrolling speed in some apps (telegram, google docs, youtube feed, discord) feels sluggish and slow, swiping rapidly either doesn't do anything or makes it faster tiny bit, but can't scroll fast like used to do before on miui.
While some other apps (such as Google Chrome when scrolling web pages or search results, including this forum, or reddit feed are not affected.
Is that a bug, any possible fix?

Last edited:
I updated to hyperos (Xiaomi eu, latest weekly build) and the first thing that I noticed is that now the scrolling speed in some apps (telegram, google docs, youtube feed, discord) feels sluggish and slow, swiping rapidly either doesn't do anything or makes it faster tiny bit, but can't scroll fast like used to do before on miui.
While some other apps (such as Google Chrome when scrolling web pages or search results, including this forum, or reddit feed are not affected.
Is that a bug, any possible fix?
Don't worry braliukas, since you're updating to a new android build, which is a big update, the background optimization has started from scratch, I'd recommend to do what I did when I was facing the same problem. hook your phone to a computer, open your command prompt, type in these commands in order:
adb devices
adb shell
pm bg-dexopt-job (will manually do the background optimization process)
pm art cleanup (will clean up old left over art cache)
pm compile -a -m speed-profile (compiles all the apps and sets it to the default profile)

Same in WPS Office....my excell table sluggish scrolling (fuxi). No problem in miui 14

Same problem here with Redmi note 12 pro.
The scroll is bad, I scroll to go fast and is going slow.
I scroll slow a little and is going big distance and slow.

Only app that's feels good and normal is Google Play app.

And on some apps like Temu when scrolling fast, is going some distance, slowing down and then jumping fast again
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
The distance of a text file compared to a emui 8 is faster and much bigger than this, not compared to MIUI 14 but HyperOS is bad.

I think I will downgrade to MIUI, but I think I need to wipe the device sadly.

Also all animations feels slow, even with developer options set to 0.5x speed.

pm bg-dexopt-job (will manually do the background optimization process)
pm art cleanup (will clean up old left over art cache)
pm compile -a -m speed-profile (compiles all the apps and sets it to the default profile)
Is not working.

Also a wipe all data was not working too.

Last edited: