Smartmi Evaporative Humidifier - device temporarily not supported in the region you have selected (WTF)

mishuevos

Members
Nov 11, 2020
I have bought this thing on Aliexpress some time ago in China (I'm located in Europe). I've been using it about 2 years already. The thing is at every firmware update it started to have more and more problems. First it was working fine, even if I use any region in Europe, then I could only made it worked in China region. Now, with the latest firmware last week, it's not working not even in china.

Well... the humidifier works, but none of the app options are accessible. I can add the device (only if I select China region) but after adding it and then trying to access to it, I get this message. I tried with many other different countries (Germany, Poland, Hong Kong, etc), none of them worked.

I'm just about to throw this thing to the trash.

Error message:

"The device temporarily not supported in the country or region you have selected". WTF? Temporarily???? what does it mean????
  • The app is set in China mainland.
  • Tried many other regions (the device do not even show up as detectable).
  • Tried uninstalling and installing back the app.
  • Tried on iOS and Android, same thing.

**** Update: TEMPORARY FIX ***
1. Change the MiHome app settings to China
2. Change your phone (iOS or Android) to China
3. Access your device options and do your changes.

The problem will come again when changing step 2. But you can come back to it any time you go back to China timezone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prolka
I have the same issue after update firmware to 2.1.3.0015. I have another device - vacuum cleaner in the same Mi Home, and it works perfect. So the problem is in firmware of the humidifier. I have sent an issue in Mi Home, but didn't receive any response.

Same issue here too. After firmware update I suddenly can't use the app anymore. Please fix this. Using the Smart Mi Humidifier 2 in the Netherlands.

Unfortunately I have the same issue for my humidifier and for my smartmi 1s electric heater. Ridiculous

Same here,
Just bought, It was working properly after connecting,
unfortunately first thing I do after buying stuff is firmware upgrade...

Didn't even check what features does it have :(

I'm facing the same problem in Romania. Last year the device (Evaporative Humidifier) was running fine with "Chinese Mainland" as country. This year (after firmware update) no chance to get it started, though temperature and humidity is measured and the device properly detected by the app. It would be helpful to "release" the "chinese" evaporative humidifiers into freedom and allow European users to run them with servers in Europe. Please fix this issue asap. Thanks!

actuay ghe solution is easy. You need just to change your time zone to China, setup everything, and get back to your time zone

actuay ghe solution is easy. You need just to change your time zone to China, setup everything, and get back to your time zone
When you say to "change the time zone", are you talking about the time zone the phone is in, where the Xiaomi app is running on? Or are there time zone settings within the Xiaomi app, which I did not find yet? Thanks!

When you say to "change the time zone", are you talking about the time zone the phone is in, where the Xiaomi app is running on? Or are there time zone settings within the Xiaomi app, which I did not find yet? Thanks!
I managed to change the time zone and in deed the message, that "the device is temporarily is not supported" disappeared. Unfortunately it shows up again as soon I switched back to my time zone (Romania). So, it seems, there is a glitch in the firmware / app, which insists, that the phone is also switched to Chinese time zone next to the chinese server.

Hello guys, the suggested workaround above (changing both MiHome app and phone time zone to China) works. Enables you accessing your device options. I've found a hacked MiHome app for Android that enables you to move ALL your Xioami devices from different regions (China), to your European account. Advantages: you can control your devices much faster and see them all under the same account. You can take a look at the Youtube video. Cons1: it doesn't solve the issue of this thread (only changing the Time Zone of both the phone and App does). Cons2: you can't see the devices if you don't use the hacked app (but they will still be in Europe). Cons 3: it only works in Android. Cons4: is an app made by a Russian hacker, so no need to explain any further (at your own risk). Good luck.

Having same problem exactly with Smartmi Humidifier. Did anyone tried talking with official regional service? Maybe they can switch region if you take your device to their service center or something?

Xiaomi support was telling bullshit when reporting the problem. They simply used the regular phrase: China mainland devices are not compatible with EU...I explained them that it was working fine until the update and now it only works when setting the timezone to Beijing or similar. They did not care...

Reactions: JohnnyRS and gylka
Xiaomi support was telling bullshit when reporting the problem. They simply used the regular phrase: China mainland devices are not compatible with EU...I explained them that it was working fine until the update and now it only works when setting the timezone to Beijing or similar. They did not care...
Well, this settles it! I am not going to buy any more Xiaomi smart products. The support is awful, products oftentimes flawed, apps clunky and with frequent login/connection issues...

I am going to wait for the products I already own to live out their lifespan and then will invest into alternatives like SwissAir for air quality, Philips Hue for smart lighting, etc.

Reactions: neonlight911
Well, this settles it! I am not going to buy any more Xiaomi smart products. The support is awful, products oftentimes flawed, apps clunky and with frequent login/connection issues...

I am going to wait for the products I already own to live out their lifespan and then will invest into alternatives like SwissAir for air quality, Philips Hue for smart lighting, etc.
Unfortunately it's the best solution for me now and I agreed with you!
Xiaomi have no representative center in my country and I have to buy this sh*t directly from China and face with usage problems.
Thanks Xiaomi and good bye!

Any updates on this?
Still doesnt work for me even that i tried every EU country. I switched to Chinese Mainland and i updated it to the latest version but still doesnt work.

I cannot move to Mainland because i have another xiaomi devices which doesnt work in that region(for eg. roborock s5max).

If it matters, I use iOS 14.4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk