Xiami Smartmi 1S Smart Heater not supported by Amazon Alexa? Solution: Connect to Xiaomi China Mainland Server!

ErichBart

Members
Oct 28, 2023
Have recently bought in Switzerland the Xiaomi Smartmi 1S Smart Heater. Everything has been set up so far without any problems. Also the linking of Xiaomi Home with Alexa has worked, only unfortunately this smart heater is not found in the devices in the Alexa app.
Am I doing something wrong or can the Smarmi 1S heater simply not be controlled with Alexa voice input?

This is hint from Bing AI:
To connect the Xiaomi Smartmi Electric Heater 1S to the Smart Life App, you must first make sure that the device is connected to the Wi-Fi. You can then download and install the Smart Life app 1. If you cannot find the device in the app, try changing the region of your Mi account to mainland China 1. If this does not work, you can try installing an older version of the Xiaomi Home app 1. One user has reported that version 5.6.10 from 2019 worked 1. If you still have problems, you can try using a VPN service or setting the DNS server to 114.114.114.114 (China)

Last edited:
The device we where speaking of is the Xiaomi SmartMi 1S heater. The link is bringing me to a FAQ site of Xiaomi Smart Tower heater lite. You should decide which device you have :)

Here is a link to the official Xiaomi website, which mentions that the Smartmi Model 1S with touch display can be controlled with Google and Amazon Alexa voice assistants:

Xiaomi Smartmi Model 1S with Touch Display (German website).
The product description states:

"With the Smartmi Home app or with voice assistants such as Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, you can conveniently control the heater from anywhere."

Here is another link that confirms this information:

Xiaomi Smartmi Model 1S with touch display (review by TechRadar).
The review states:

"The heater can also be controlled with voice assistants such as Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa."

Did the Bing AI worked?
I've tried to change to Mainland China and it doesn't recognise the Heater. It's recognisable in Singapur (where I have all gadgets and account).
I've also seen somewhere (I believe it was on a comment in amazon) that the issue started after version 2.1.8_0006. Before then, it was detectable by Alexa...
A lot of comments say it works with Alexa, but it's comments from 2021 and I really hoped that there would be a solution for this. It's so frustrating having everything from xiaomi working properly with Alexa, but not this heater.