SMS App Problem

Diogo Costa

Members
May 30, 2014
Hi there guys.

I recently bought a Xiaomi Red Rice 1S. One of the first things I did was to deactivate the stock SMS app, and replace it by another (TextSecure). I found weird that I wasn't getting any SMS notifications in the homescreen, but only in the top bar.

I've been told that I shouldn't have deactivated the stock SMS app, because this causes some problems, but now I can't find the stock SMS app in the app list to activate it again. Can someone help me on this?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: If it helps, the device is rooted.

Last edited:
I, I have the same problem with Xiaomi Redmi (AKA Xiaomi Hongmi 1W) my MIUI version is v4 MIUI-JHBSGBD15.0 on Android 4.2.2 HM2013023 the device is NOT rooted at the moment and I would really really like to switch to TextSecure instead of stock messaging app.
I've tried both setting TextSecure as default app and disabling sms stock app. If I disable the stock app, no sms is received anymore, ever. Until sms stock app its enabled again. If I keep sms stock app enabled but set TextSecure as default sms app, the following happens: Most of the time no sms notifications, however unread sms count is visible in the lock screen. Messages keep being received first in the sms stock app, then, much later or sometimes never, in textsecure app.