[solved] Gps Not Working. Need Rom Suggestions With No Gps Problem

RayJayKay

Members
Mar 28, 2016
Hey guys.
I am from UK.
I bought the phone from Gearbest that came with shop ROM and locked bootloader.
I asked for unlocking bootloader and go the sms however I had to flash Chinese deveploper ROM to unlock the bootloader.

My problem is that GPS did not work in Shop ROm either and now in Chinese Dev ROM too.

Is there any way to Format the whole thing and install one of the ROM here from this forum with no GPS problem. I suspect the old files are not overwritten by chineses dev ROM.

Running the GPS TEST app downloaded from play store shows that there are 21 satellites in view hoever none in use ;(

I also have mobile uncle installed however still no luck in there too and GPS status is unavailable

Thanks

You can download GPS fix from playstore and try to fix it automatically

Hey guys.
I am from UK.
I bought the phone from Gearbest that came with shop ROM and locked bootloader.
I asked for unlocking bootloader and go the sms however I had to flash Chinese deveploper ROM to unlock the bootloader.

My problem is that GPS did not work in Shop ROm either and now in Chinese Dev ROM too.

Is there any way to Format the whole thing and install one of the ROM here from this forum with no GPS problem. I suspect the old files are not overwritten by chineses dev ROM.

Running the GPS TEST app downloaded from play store shows that there are 21 satellites in view hoever none in use ;(

I also have mobile uncle installed however still no luck in there too and GPS status is unavailable

Thanks
just download and flash xiaomi eu ROM stable through TWRP recovery and you are reday to go
gps is running fine in this rom

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

fastboot twrp.PNG
just download and flash xiaomi eu ROM stable through TWRP recovery and you are reday to go
gps is running fine in this rom

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
I have Chinese developer version 6.4.6 Beta already rooted.
How can I install TWRP and which Stable ROM you recomend?
I have already unlocked the bootloader.

I downloaded TWRP from rom thread and placed it on Phone storage.
but when I try to install it via "Choose Update Package" from Update menu. I get the following error
Cant't veriy Update
"Couldn't verify update package"

I also tried the other method
fastboot flash recovery xxx.img

and
fastboot reboot.
fastboot twrp.PNG

I had successful message. phone restated ok however no when I restart in Recovery mode I only see the Black Phone screen with insert USB cable image.

Any more ideas???

My phone is MTK. Hennessy..
Thanks

Last edited:
ok finally flashed Twrp with this method. http://en.miui.com/thread-203716-1-1.html and installed EU ROM however my GPS is still not working.
The GPS test tool shows 21 Satellite in view however it never fixes..

I do no think it is Hardware issue as the GPS is working as it can see the satellites buy the software is not fixing it!

What do you think?

Thanks in advance

UPDATE:
Thanks to MannyRibo.
I wiped again the data,System,Cache, Dalvik this now including Internal Storage, then installed the latest Multi from here and the GPS IS WORKING NOW.

Took me 2 weeks but it was worth it as I was going to buy another phone tomorrow.

UPDATE:
Thanks to MannyRibo.
I wiped again the data,System,Cache, Dalvik this now including Internal Storage, then installed the latest Multi from here and the GPS IS WORKING NOW.

Took me 2 weeks but it was worth it as I was going to buy another phone tomorrow.

hello! i would like to know how were you able to solve this. i tried using other roms however gps still not fixed.

Thank you!

Last edited:
hello! i would like to know how were you able to solve this. i tried using other roms however gps still not fixed.

Thank you!