[SOLVED] How to properly install TWRP and Xiaomi.eu ROMs on Poco F3?

• Thread starter Deleted member 300070
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 300070

Hello folks.

I'm confused by the process of installing TWRP and Xiaomi.eu ROMs, especially because of the new A/B partition-layout which Android now has.

The instructions on the ROM pages here do not work for me. Using fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img doesn't work for me. "Recovery_a, No such partition". Do I install TWRP by booting to it first and inside the TWRP GUI install it to "Recovery Ramdisk"?

I'm also confused by the Recovery & Fastboot versions of Xiaomi.eu ROMs.

Do I have to install the Xiaomi.eu Recovery ROM over Xiaomi.eu Fastboot ROM? Or can the Recovery ROMs also be installed over the Original MIUI ROM? I tried that 2 times and my phone wouldn't boot and /data would be unreadable (Probably encrypted?).

I've a Poco F3 (Europe) with unlocked bootloader.

Can someone shed a light on me about the process please? Also by flashing to a specific partition, does that partition get erased first, or do the files, that were previously in it, retain?

Edit/Solution:
Use
fastboot boot TWRP.img instead to simply boot into TWRP.
Flashing TWRP directly from Fastboot doesn't work, because of the new A/B Partition-layout, which new Android phones have.

If you'd like to also install TWRP, copy TWRP.img to phone, and in TWRP go to Advanced > "Install RamDisk"
If the Internal Storage isn't accessible, do adb push TWRP.img in TWRP (No ADB Sideload needed)

Also: Do not use Xiaomi.eu Fastboot ROMs, because the Xiaomi.eu Fastboot ROMs will also reflash critical partitions to a Chinese Bootloader, Chinese Fastboot Mode, Chinese Recovery Mode etc, which shouldn't be done. The critical partitions (which are unrelated to the system) should stay the way the device was shipped with.

Just install the latest Xiaomi.eu Recovery ROM over Stock ROM in TWRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Abaxim and zhenhao

Thank you Poney! 1 more Question: What's the best way to clean install the latest Xiaomi.eu (Recovery)? Install the latest available Fastboot version and then directly afterwards inside TWRP the latest Xiaomi.eu Recovery? Or is there a better way?

Don't use "fastboot" version, follow my steps and if any issue at the end => Boot in TWRP > Go in "Wipe" menu > "Format Data" button > Type 'yes' to confirm it > Reboot your device

;)

Don't use "fastboot" version, follow my steps and if any issue at the end => Boot in TWRP > Go in "Wipe" menu > "Format Data" button > Type 'yes' to confirm it > Reboot your device

;)
Hello, I have a question. How do you boot in TWRP ? Do you need to install before ? I'm sorry I don't understand the process at all.