[SOLVED] Redmi K60 Pro (Socrates) bricked: TWRP boot loop after upgrade to HyperOS 1.0.7

kaeru

Members
Feb 23, 2024
Hello, I just tried upgrading my Redmi K60 Pro to HyperOS 1.0.7 (stable) - was on 1.0.5 (stable) before.

I upgraded using TWRP version 3.7.0_12-RedmiK60Pro_v8.3_A14 (twrp-3.7.0_12-v8.3_A14-socrates-skkk.img). The upgrade was reported as successful by TWRP.

However, when I rebooted to fastboot from TWRP to flash my patched init_boot for Magisk, my phone got stuck in a boot loop, with TWRP splash screen quickly flashing before rebooting.

All the possible button combinations lead to the same, infinite boot loop unfortunately.

EDIT: I just realised that I could still send fastboot commands during this quick boot loop. So I did:

Code:
fastboot reboot bootloader
Rebooting into bootloader                          OKAY [  0.000s]
Finished. Total time: 1.104s

This brought me to the black screen with the orange "FASTBOOT" text in the middle. Luckily, it wasn't boot looping at this point, so I could flash the latest twrp available for socrates (twrp-3.7.1_12-v8.6_A14-socrates-skkk.img):

Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ab Downloads/twrp-3.7.1_12-v8.6_A14-socrates-skkk.img
Warning: skip copying recovery_ab image avb footer (recovery_ab partition size: 0, recovery_ab image size: 104857600).
Sending 'recovery_ab' (102400 KB)                  OKAY [  2.988s]
Writing 'recovery_ab'                              (bootloader) Partition recovery_a flashed successfully
(bootloader) Partition recovery_b flashed successfully
OKAY [  0.070s]

And finally:

Code:
fastboot reboot
Rebooting                                          OKAY [  0.000s]
Finished. Total time: 0.201s

This correctly rebooted to TWRP fastboot mode - no more boot loops! From there, I could reboot to system, and also this went through just fine.

I hope this can help if anyone has the same or similar problem in the future! I will mark it as solved.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.