Some Wishes for One of the next Versions

reneboehres

Members
Jan 30, 2011
Hi,
i testesd your great MIUI but found some things that u guys maybe could do a bit better :D
Here some things:

- Maybe a direct Sync of my Contacts with Facebook like in HTC Sense.
In the HTC Contact App i could connect my Contact "XYZ" with a Person of my Friendlist in Facebook. When i have done this i got his profile pic and for example his photos, email adress... in my contact. no need to open the facebook app
- Maybe a Menu like in Android
In Android there are some System Apps in the menu.
But i dont need to show them on my home screens
in MIUI (like on the iphone) i just can but them in a folder to hide them.
can u integrate a menu like in android where i can start my apps
but the home screens are fully configurable with widgets and apps?
Just want the posibility to remove those System apps from my home screens
- Its not a bad idea to integrate this "widget / app configurator"
but one thing is missing. long time ago i had a app on my jailbreaked iphone 3g
i opened my "home screen configurator" but there was a possibility to
drag & drop a widget or a app directly on the home screens in the configurator.
u know what i mean?
example
-> holding the finger to open that configurator.
then putting a widget on one of my home screens.
after that i can drag & drop that from one home screen to another directly
without a need to go to the homescreen or delete it

in that i phone app it was possible to do that in the configurator and in the home screen overview of the home button...

- when i press the menu button it opens that menu -> there are those buttons for settings etc. maybe u can give the user to change that for "iphone like buttons" or "android like symbols" or something

EDIT:
sry you have done that but i would give it a new name
(or it is the translation of my german version i dunno)

-> its anoying me all the time that i have to scroll in that menu to get to the settings!!!
make it bigger or something!!!
-> i didnt saw a possibility in the browser to change mobile / desktop view
is there a possibility?

-> maybe can u add some more auto energy saving options like_
80% -> this settings
60% -> this settings
40% -> this settings

or some auto functions like "when im not at home i want my Wireless to turn off automaticly"

-> maybe a clock like in htc sense with weather and some nice effekts

great job guys MIUI is very fast, stable and my battery stays for a longer time :D

do u have somethin like a paypal donation thing?

Ooh boy.. U haven't search enough on the rom..
First. The Menu that ur asking for . The one that looks like stock android its bin forever
Go to settings > personal > scroll down and go to menu styles and tap original grip

Second the widgets u can tap and hold it and drag it to the side and it will automatically switch to the other screen..
Third .. U can create folders to put ur apps if u don't like that .. U should try another launcher .. As luncher pro or adw .
Fourth .. The clock u asking for there are .. Some that u can download from the market as beautiful widgets , then download beautiful widgets animations , there is the lg x2 weather widget and it's posted right in the themes forums .. There are other but I can't remember their names ..

Hoppe I've help u a lil ...

Hi,
i testesd your great MIUI but found some things that u guys maybe could do a bit better :D
Here some things:

In the HTC Contact App i could connect my Contact "XYZ" with a Person of my Friendlist in Facebook. When i have done this i got his profile pic and for example his photos, email adress... in my contact. no need to open the facebook app
- Maybe a Menu like in Android
In Android there are some System Apps in the menu.
But i dont need to show them on my home screens
in MIUI (like on the iphone) i just can but them in a folder to hide them.
can u integrate a menu like in android where i can start my apps
but the home screens are fully configurable with widgets and apps?
Just want the posibility to remove those System apps from my home screens
- Its not a bad idea to integrate this "widget / app configurator"
but one thing is missing. long time ago i had a app on my jailbreaked iphone 3g
i opened my "home screen configurator" but there was a possibility to
drag & drop a widget or a app directly on the home screens in the configurator.
u know what i mean?
example
-> holding the finger to open that configurator.
then putting a widget on one of my home screens.
after that i can drag & drop that from one home screen to another directly
without a need to go to the homescreen or delete it

in that i phone app it was possible to do that in the configurator and in the home screen overview of the home button...

- when i press the menu button it opens that menu -> there are those buttons for settings etc. maybe u can give the user to change that for "iphone like buttons" or "android like symbols" or something

EDIT:
sry you have done that but i would give it a new name
(or it is the translation of my german version i dunno)

-> its anoying me all the time that i have to scroll in that menu to get to the settings!!!
make it bigger or something!!!
-> i didnt saw a possibility in the browser to change mobile / desktop view
is there a possibility?

-> maybe can u add some more auto energy saving options like_
80% -> this settings
60% -> this settings
40% -> this settings

or some auto functions like "when im not at home i want my Wireless to turn off automaticly"

-> maybe a clock like in htc sense with weather and some nice effekts

great job guys MIUI is very fast, stable and my battery stays for a longer time :D

do u have somethin like a paypal donation thing?

hi thanks fpr the tipps

but one thing (widgets)

what i ment is (for example):
press the home button (in the home screen) to open the "home screen overview"
drag a widget and put it on another homescreen and drop it then

no need to open the editor or to d&d it from one screen to the next, the next, the next....

just open the homescr overview and d+d it from one directly to the target home screen u know?

would be great if this could be done

i owned 3 iphones and believe me if u have much apps on your phone it gets on your nerves if you want to change the position of 20 apps (for example ) from the first to the (just an example) 10th screen becuase u have to start at the first drag it through
al the screens and then u have to go back to the frist screen...

with such a function u just have an overview and you can d+d it much faster

btw:
why install another louncher when this is fast and stable?
there are just a few things that could be improved...

better to say "hey guy you could to this better or this could be improved" then say nothing...

Well about the launcher part .. Sometimes I use adw launcher ex, I use this cuz I like the abilitybto resize widgets, make shortcuts or change icons on my home screen .. The app drawer it's the best .. I can't chose between 4 diferents drawers and it's more organized better then making forders .. But that's just me ..

Also I tend to flash different rom when one it's more stable then the other I install the apps I have on my sdcard. . They are like 98 anD that's when I use adw .. It's annoying to make a lot of folders for the apps..

As far as drag and drop widgets I find it easy to press and hold the widget with one thumb and quickly flip through the screens with my other thumb (multitouch) and drop it wherever. I love that feature! I know what you're saying about having alot of multiple screens and wanting to move icons from screen 10 to screen 1. Went through that when I first setup MIUI. It was easy enough to zoom out and move the destination screen to the end, then zoom in and multitouch dnd to that screen then delete the screens after moving the icons and zoom back out and drag the screen back to the desired location. Would be nice to do that while zoomed out, but seems like it would be tricky to select the icons/widgets in that mode. I've never had an iphone so I don't know how that was implemented.

I'd like to see resizable and scrollable widgets on the default MIUI launcher. Would make it perfect imo.

just drag the whole screen to a different position in the multi-screen view mode thing

I also would love resizable widgets. I usually use launcher pro plus, but im really getting used to the uniqueness of the miui launcher and miss the ability to resize my clock for better placement. I would also like to be able to hide the status bar.

Hi,
Here some things:

I would love to see this option to link Facebook contacts with Phone contacts. As of right now there is no way to link the two together like you can w/ HTC Sense, and so you either end up with duplicate contacts or having to manually add everything. It's a very nice feature from Sense and I believe would be the icing on the cake for MIUI. I would probably donate a few bucks if this feature were added. :p

Oh and as a side note, is it possible to get gTalk to allow you to sign in under different email addresses? I have multiple gmail accounts added but gTalk only allows me to sign in under the primary gmail account which is kind of annoying. I didn't know if this is a limitation of the google talk app or if there's something we can do to mod it to do.

This is a limitation for gtalk app, and many like you have the same issue (I have three gmail accounts).
The best workaround is loging in to your secondary account using fring or meebo or nimbuzz.

Yeah, I love meebo. Best IM app I've used so far but dang it's a battery hog to leave running in the background. I barely notice gtalk running in the background though.

I really like the launcher but I miss having an app drawer so I use launcher pro. It would be cool if miui gave am option to have one or not

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

- I want a lockscreen that lets you add an unlock pattern and still have 'slide to unlock', not the way it is now where it disables that. Also the screen should show contents of missed email/phone/txt without having to press on the icons, so its visible with a single glance, and also an unread count for gmail.

- Better power usage settings like those in SuperPower

- create a folder by dragging icon on top of another like in iOS

- auto updating of builtin MIUI apps without having to update entire rom - I believe this is in the Chinese ver?

- and of course more stability :)

- scrollable full page news/rss + little bit of weather widget that is intergrated with the genie widget app and Google reader app (or miui's own weather, news, RSS apps
-better control of andriod's multitasking for better battery life?
-4g, maybe?

THAT WIDGET IS ALL I NEED FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE, THE REST IS GRAVY

I'd like to see a way to customize your notification bar in the settings like in CM6 :)

U can create folders to put ur apps if u don't like that .. U should try another launcher .. As luncher pro or adw .
Fourth .. ..

Go launcher EX would be a good alternative also, it is pretty similar (might have used some ideas) from MIUI's launcher2.

+1 for scrollable widgets

The only other thing I would like to see is the ability to attach files in Gmail using the native MIUI file explorer app. It is currently only possible to attach pictures using either gallery or MIUI gallery. The only way to attach files is to have a separate file explorer (I have root explorer) installed. I think the requirement of having a separate, redundant file explorer to do this could be done away with.

For those missing the app drawer there is an app called "Advanced app drawer", that will do the trick. Just drag the icon to the launcher dock and it will feel like a regular app drawer.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

U can create folders to put ur apps if u don't like that .. U should try another launcher .. As luncher pro or adw .
Fourth ......