Stable 7.1.3(kxdcnck) To 7.2.8.0(mxdcndb)

lucianin

Members
Nov 9, 2015
Hi!

I have installed the rom stable (global) 7.1.3.0(KXDCNCK), I can upgrade to the rom 7.2.8.0(MXDCNDB)?

Thansk

Hi guys, I'm trying to do this update via Twrp recovery. I've downloaded the ROm MultiCancro but seems like it isn't the correct one because when I try to flash it says error 7 and then the name of my mobile is Mi3w. How is possible? When i've downloaded the 7.1.3.0 it was cancro too

Reactions: lucianin
Hi guys. I have the same issue so i would share to you what i do to solve this. I always flash stable and personally i dont have cracking sound in headset bug. But this "tutorial" works for the next update/upgrade because xiaomi_eu ROM don't even support 2 system partition.

First of all recommend backup (local, titanium, the one you want to use) just in case.

The solution comes a few weeks ago in the post of the weekly 6.1.28/29/2.4:

How to update Xiaomi Mi3/4 and MiNote from 4.4 to 6.0:
- Install MIUI 5.12.17 2x via Updater app first to merge your system partitions (no more dual system support) - If you didn't do that already
- After reboot install current 6.1.28/29 version - let it boot and update all apps, then reboot again..
- Wipe data not needed but recommended
- No OTA this week for cancro
- First (re)Boot can take longer than usually (10-15min)​

1.- install via Updater app MIUI weekly 5.2.17 (i do it 2 times: after the reboot in 5.2.17 again go to Updater app and install the same ROM)

2.- (instead of 6.1.28/29) install via Update app MIUI weekly 6.2.9 (after the first boot, i made a reboot and then step 3)

3.- When you have the 6.2.9 installed, you can install the stable 7.2.8 via Updater

I hope this can help you.

Sorry for my english.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I have the same issue so i would share to you what i do to solve this. I always flash stable and personally i dont have cracking sound in headset bug. But this "tutorial" works for the next update/upgrade because xiaomi_eu ROM don't even support 2 system partition.

First of all recommend backup (local, titanium, the one you want to use) just in case.

The solution comes a few weeks ago in the post of the weekly 6.1.28/29/2.4:

How to update Xiaomi Mi3/4 and MiNote from 4.4 to 6.0:
- Install MIUI 5.12.17 2x via Updater app first to merge your system partitions (no more dual system support) - If you didn't do that already
- After reboot install current 6.1.28/29 version - let it boot and update all apps, then reboot again..
- Wipe data not needed but recommended
- No OTA this week for cancro
- First (re)Boot can take longer than usually (10-15min)​

1.- install via Updater app MIUI weekly 5.2.17 (i do it 2 times: after the reboot in 5.2.17 again go to Updater app and install the same ROM)

2.- (instead of 6.1.28/29) install via Update app MIUI weekly 6.2.9 (after the first boot, i made a reboot and then step 3)

3.- When you have the 6.2.9 installed, you can install the stable 7.2.8 via Updater

I hope this can help you.

Sorry for my english.

Thank you, i followed your guide and it works. First I installed 5.12.17, after reboot I installed via updater, chising file from memory, the new stable version android 6.0.1 and it worked.

Thank you, i followed your guide and it works. First I installed 5.12.17, after reboot I installed via updater, chising file from memory, the new stable version android 6.0.1 and it worked.
Works fine the new update?

Last edited:
Word fine the new update?
On my phone it works perfectly..
I come from weekly..
Mi4 seems more reactive and lower consumption of battery ( But it's early to say it)..
WhatsApp wallpaper bug still remains..

Inviato dal mio MI 4LTE utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: lucianin
[QUOTE = "johcf, Beitrag: 282.615, Mitglied: 137.894"] Hallo Jungs. Ich habe das gleiche Problem, so dass ich Ihnen teilen würde, was ich tun, diese zu lösen. Ich blitzen immer stabil und persönlich i dont haben Knacken im Kopfhörer Bug. Aber diese "Übung" arbeitet für das nächste Update / Upgrade weil xiaomi_eu ROM weiß nicht einmal 2 Systempartition unterstützen.

Zunächst einmal empfehlen Backup (lokal, Titan, die Sie verwenden möchten) nur für den Fall.

Die Lösung kommt vor ein paar Wochen in der Post der Wochen 6.1.28 / 29 / 2.4:

Wie Xiaomi Mi3 / 4 und MiNote 4,4-6,0 zu aktualisieren:
- Installieren Sie MIUI 5.12.17 2x über Updater App zuerst Ihre Systempartitionen (nicht mehr duale System-Unterstützung) zu fusionieren - Wenn Sie nicht, dass bereits getan haben
- Nach dem Neustart aktuellen 6.1.28 / 29-Version installieren - lassen Sie es alle Anwendungen starten und zu aktualisieren, dann wieder neu starten ..
- Reinigen Sie die Daten nicht erforderlich, aber empfohlen
- Keine OTA in dieser Woche für cancro
- Erste (re) booten kann länger dauern als gewöhnlich (10-15min)​

1.- über Updater App MIUI installieren wöchentlich 5.2.17 (ich es tun 2 mal: nach dem Neustart in 5.2.17 wieder gehen App Updater und die gleiche ROM installieren)

2.- (statt 6.1.28 / 29) installieren via Update-App MIUI wöchentlich 6.2.9 (nach dem ersten Boot, ich einen Neustart gemacht und dann wird der Schritt 3)

3.- Wenn Sie die 6.2.9 installiert haben, können Sie den stabilen 7.2.8 über Updater installieren

Ich hoffe, dies kann Ihnen helfen.

Sorry für mein Englisch. [/ QUOTE]

Vielen Dank für diese ToDo :)

You're welcome Claus-peter, thanks for translating.

Enviado desde mi MI 4W mediante Tapatalk

Hi guys, I installed it yesterday, I don:t use much my mobile. With the older rom my battery stay around 2 days.
Now less than 10 hours, how is it possible?

I don't know, there is my stats
096b093dd0a866f58b4dcbcfe0057641.jpg

22h since i charged and now i have 40% of battery.

Look mine, now is 9% and at night i set flight mode :-(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-27-18-10-10_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-27-18-10-10_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 414
Well, when i use GMaps app there is not gps symbol on top but there is with GPS status app..

Yes, I tried with Gmaps and i didnt see the symbol but I'm not sure if it works or not.
Anyway I always installed Stable Roms without any issue, but this new release I don't like it

Testing 7.2.8.0 on my mi3 since this morning. No problem so far, stable and battery is good, found no issue.. . Will continue testing the next 3 days.

Another problem that I found is that the Audio is lower than before.
So only me that get many problems, I think I should reflash it.
I'm flashing now, is it normal that message, failed to mount?

Attachments

• foto.JPG
    foto.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 444
I had same message and have no problem

Inviato dal mio MI 4LTE utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: jc rey
Yes, just let it complete, takes time.

From the looks of it, the MM firmware has a much, much worse battery performance than the KK-ones, is that correct?

I did not install 6.2.9, just 7.2.8.0 after 5.2.17 and all was fine.
Yes, i just share the steps of previous post of a weekly. The crucial thing is to merge the partition with 5.2.17 and IMHO i will recomend to wipe user data because it's a change of OS and Java VM (dalvik to ART) so maybe there are some conflicts, just in case.

Enviado desde mi MI 4W mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello guys
I'm new in the forum.
I have the ROM stable 7.1.3 and would like to upgrade my mi4 ROM 7.2.11
can you help me? through a guide .. thanks ;)

Hello guys
I'm new in the forum.
I have the ROM stable 7.1.3 and would like to upgrade my mi4 ROM 7.2.11
can you help me? through a guide .. thanks ;)
Hi,
Follow the instructions in #4 of this thread and instead of 7.2.8, install 7.2.11.

Reactions: justy