Stable Over Developer

PTZema

Members
Sep 10, 2016
Hi
A week ago I buy one Xiaomi mi5 from honorbuy that came with your rom, and I update from ota to miui 8 6.9.1 beta. The question is, I want install the stable, but how can I do it? Ive tried to download the rom and install from update app but it sais that is invalid. I dont know if my bootloader is locked or unlocked, but if came with your rom I think is unlocked...
Sorry about my week English
And thanks

You have to install it from TWRP.
Go to Updater -> restart on recovery mode.
Then, in TWRP, wipe cache, dakvik cache and data.
Install the rom and do again wipe cache and dalvik NOT DATA
Reboot.
Notice: You will lose all your data

"failed (remote: Partition flashing is not allowed)"
I think my bootloader is not unlocked... So how the honorbuy guys install the developer rom?

I suppose they do it with EDL mode. I don't know if you can unlock the bootloader with the xiaomi.eu rom, I think that you need Chinese developer. You could try to install it with EDL mode.

And I dont end up with a brick? So I need to flash Chinese first,
Unlocked bootloader,
Install twrp,
And finaly flash Xiaomi.eu stable?

I think so, but be careful with edl mode. Remember to use the 2016 version of mi flash, I used the 2015 version and I had some problems. I passed from a fake rom to Chinese.

Now that I think about it, if you have the developer rom of xiaomi.eu, that is based in Chinese developer, it's possible that you can unlock bootloader with it.

Edl mode is now disabled on mi5, you need a deep flash cable. Better try first to unlock from your current install.

I think im lucky, because the put a decent rom... The my girlfriend redmi 3 came with a messed up rom from igogo

And I dont end up with a brick? So I need to flash Chinese first,
Unlocked bootloader,
Install twrp,
And finaly flash Xiaomi.eu stable?
No need to flash chinese rom. Unlock BL works with your rom. Mine came also with a custom rom and had no problem unlocking BL after getting xiaomi permission. Just folow the steps in the tutorials. Here and on xiaomi official site

Thanks i'm Waiting for permission.... I like this rom, but I want stable because I feel more safe. In my old cellphone I have nightly build of cm13, and have a few problems, nothing very bad, but in mi 5 I want to be more safe because now I dont have só much time to fix the bad thing that can appened. One more time, sorry for my bad english

I can confirm that there is no need to first flash the Chinese dev rom. I am now on xiaomi.eu miui8 latest. When I received the phone I was on miui7 global stable (the rom was flashed by the seller - geekbuying, since my phone is not an international edition one and should of came with some Chinese rom installed, but that was not the case).
First I got my miui account accepted to unlock the bootloader (that took 3 days, I am not sure that having another miui based phone and posting on the officioal forum helped or not)
After reciveing the sms that said that my account can now unlock bootloaders, using miunlocker app in fastboot mode I unlocked the bootloader.
Flashed twrp from fastboot, formated the data partition (twrp could not decrypt it and was asking for a password, neither the miui account pass or the phone pin lock worked) which led to loosing all android data and internal storage data.
Finally booted the phone in miui7 (that was pre-installed by the seller), copied the miui.eu rom to storage, rebooted to twrp, flashed miui.eu rom, performed another data format and voila ... all is good now with my mi5.

Now my recovery stucks with a imagem to put the cable on the phone -.- and dont enter...

No is not xD
But its done, I alredy installed the stable, booted the recovery without install, and in recovery I flash the image recovery... It works good and the stable is running smooth
Thank you guys

No is not xD
But its done, I alredy installed the stable, booted the recovery without install, and in recovery I flash the image recovery... It works good and the stable is running smooth
Thank you guys
I suggest also flashing TWRP, insted of stock recovery.

Trimis de pe al meu MI 5 folosind Tapatalk

Reactions: jc rey
This image of the phone and the unplugged USB cable what does it actually mean ? It was my understanding this indicted the bootloader was still locked... But as I read on it seems what this really means is the Mi Recovery is hidden.... The phone can be unlocked but there is no way to enter recovery because its hidden... Requiring users to flash a custom recovery.... does this sound correct to all of you ?
Yes correct, now you need to flash twrp from fastboot

This image of the phone and the unplugged USB cable what does it actually mean ? It was my understanding this indicted the bootloader was still locked... But as I read on it seems what this really means is the Mi Recovery is hidden.... The phone can be unlocked but there is no way to enter recovery because its hidden... Requiring users to flash a custom recovery.... does this sound correct to all of you ?
Looks like we are talking two different languages. You were not required to flash custom recovery, it was my personal suggestion. For your own good. Use what recovery you think it suits you. But put some logic in balance: custom rom and stock recovery vs. custom rom and custom recovery. Key word is CUSTOM.

Trimis de pe al meu MI 5 folosind Tapatalk

Install from fastboot doenst work for me, I need to boot the image from fastboot, and in booted twrp is when I flashed the img... Now works fine
In fastboot way, when I go to recovery, just appears the cable image.
My fear was when I wipe all and then remember that the rom zip is in mi5... Luckly twrp supports MTP...
(Again, sorry for my really bad english. And thanks to all of you for the help)