Static Noise On Speaker

rider1221

Members
Mar 15, 2016
Today I found that the speaker on my Note Pro produces something that sounds like static noise,after playing a sound (any sound) I can hear static coming from the speaker for 4 o 5 seconds and then it disappears.

If I have an app like a game running on the background the static noise only stops if I close the game.

I'm getting worried,anyone else has this problem? Is this a hardware issue? I'm using the latest version of the xiaomi.eu ROM.

I don't have this problem if I use headphones.

Last edited:
I hadn't noticed this earlier. But now that you've mentioned it, I can here wooosh on the background when I connect my headphones to my Mi3. You can ignore it while listening to music but it is quite noticeable while listening to audio books. My phone is quite old so maybe that's why.

I tried using another Mi Note Pro and it had the same issue.

Maybe it's a hardware problem (and a general one) after all...

For the record,my version is 2015021,I wonder if it's the same with the 2015501 version

Anyone else could try and see if you have this issue?

I tried using another Mi Note Pro and it had the same issue.

Maybe it's a hardware problem (and a general one) after all...

For the record,my version is 2015021,I wonder if it's the same with the 2015501 version

Anyone else could try and see if you have this issue?

How to find this version number?

I also have this static noise when I plug in my headphones and every touch on the screen results in 3 seconds of static noise, but if I'm listening to music the static noise will be in the background, which is really annoying!
I have the Xiaomi Mi4c with the 6.4.14 Beta (eu).

Both our Mi Note Pro's have/had this(I changed back to Mi Note as the SD810 heat issue undermined any performance gains well below the Mi Note, with the exception of Camera performance). The electrical frequency squeal was only from the loud speaker at the bottom. I had nothing from the headphones. The sound was also present in video recordings..