Status Bar Tweaking (hide unwanted icons, change icons / bar size)

klenow

Members
Nov 25, 2022
I've tried the methods below :

Notably, Activity Launcher (System UI Demo mode) / LSPosed ChiMi / CustoMIUIzer / WooBoxForMIUI

Activity Launcher doesn't work at all.

Others manage to hide some icons, but some not, despite claiming to do so (ESPECIALLY the Wifi icon, none of them managed to hide it)

Haven't tried to increase/reduce icon size with ChiMi, but I'm quite squeamish using it since on Github the author clearly states to comply ONLY with untouched MIUI ROMs.

Has anyone found a stable way to tweak these icons? Immersive mode is annoying, makes you select every app each time you download one etc... I just want the icon to be gone regardless what I'm doing on the phone.

Would be nice to greenlight making Xiaomi.eu roms fully compliant with at least one of the LSPosed modules, since (at least for now) it doesn't break SafetyNet.

I'm using Mi 11 Ultra, Latest Stable Release.

1) This has nothing to do with Xiaomi.eu specifically.
2) We have no plans to change MIUI to "comply" to any third-party mod.

ROMs are provided as-is and ready-to-use. You want to tinker with it, that's your right, just don't make it our problem.

If procedures that work on any baseline MIUI official ROMs do not work with Xiaomi.eu ROMs, isn’t that the definition of a « difference » that sits specifically within Xiaomi.eu roms, in that context?

The compliance part means to find out what that difference is, and eventually negate it if possible.

Maybe it’s not even that big. Some icons (wifi specifically) sitting in a different place within Xiaomi.eu compared to baseline MIUI.

I mean, we’re here to help people, but still unable to hide basic icons that cause OLED burn in. That should be a main concern, regardless of my opinion/existence on this planet.

If procedures that work on any baseline MIUI official ROMs do not work with Xiaomi.eu ROMs, isn’t that the definition of a « difference » that sits specifically within Xiaomi.eu roms, in that context?
Maybe? Yet you are talking about third-party mods which we have no influence or knowledge about.

The compliance part means to find out what that difference is, and eventually negate it if possible.
The specifics of those supposed differences are not up to us to find out. Like I said, while I'd love to help, I'm not going to waste time investigating third-party mod issues. It's up to those interested in using those mods to do the investigation and report their findings.

Maybe it’s not even that big. Some icons (wifi specifically) sitting in a different place within Xiaomi.eu compared to baseline MIUI.
They don't. We don't change icons.

I mean, we’re here to help people, but still unable to hide basic icons that cause OLED burn in. That should be a main concern, regardless of my opinion/existence on this planet.
Not being able to hide icons on-demand is a general MIUI issue, not a Xiaomi.eu issue. Hiding status bar icons is not a feature we claimed to have in the first place.

It's up to those interested in using those mods to do the investigation and report their findings.
I'm interested in those findings. So far I've managed to hide all status icons except the wifi icon. imo it's a really redundant icon. You don't need to always aknoweledge you have wifi on. Causing burn in for no value.

I'm interested in those findings. So far I've managed to hide all status icons except the wifi icon. imo it's a really redundant icon. You don't need to always aknoweledge you have wifi on. Causing burn in for no value.
Not sure why you're explaining that to me. You can tell that to Xiaomi.

I was just taking your words to ask a general question, to anyone reading this thread, and using Xiaomi.eu. How to hide this Wifi Status Icon.

I was just taking your words to ask a general question, to anyone reading this thread, and using Xiaomi.eu. How to hide this Wifi Status Icon.
in the woobox description / screenshots it should be possible to hide the wifi icon. did you test it?