[Stock rom] [Redmi 7] Flash package verification failed in MiAssistant

Roboduck

Members
Aug 12, 2023
Hi there Xiaomi community...

I'm having an issue trying to verify a package using Mi Assistant whilst it's the correct rom for the phone.

The phone is stuck in a bootloop (bootloader not unlocked) and i can only boot into recovery and fastboot or wipe the device. USB debugging wasn't turned on before it went into a bootloop so i can't do much from that side either...

My aim is to try and salvage the data by using Mi Assistant and choosing the re-flash the stock firmware. There's an option in the program to try and salvage the data on the left pane whilst flashing or Quick flash on the right which is a clean flash. (I can't reach that stage).

The phone is recognized by Mi Assistant and shown [see attached files]
I downloaded the corresponding correct ROM... (and tried multiple other + older versions only to realize that Xiaomi doesn't allow downgrading).

Then i choose the local flash package miui_ONCLITEEEAGlobal_V11.0.2.0.QFLEUXM_51a56db6c0_10.0 [ZIP] and it starts to verify only to give the error [see attached files]: Flash package verification failed - unknown [2013]

I basically can't verify the ROM for some silly reason...
Already brought the phone to a mobile phone "doctor" but they said that resetting was the only option, or they could swap the motherboard because they weren't sure if it was a hardware or software issue... Thing is it looks like a soft-brick to me and seeing as i can connect and it does recognize the phone i thought i would try this.

Is this a common issue? And if yes how can i fix this?

If there isn't... Is there a way that i can get to the data in another way? Or is a hard reset or flashing via fastboot the only option???

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Connected.PNG
    Connected.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 302
  • ERROR.PNG
    ERROR.PNG
    23.5 KB · Views: 298
Global EEA ROM is not local but official SW.
This is a forum dedicated to custom ROMs from xiaomi.eu.
You are using official SW. Go to the Xiaomi site.
Yeah i know but my problem is that i can't seem to find the official stock ROM for redmi 7 on the offcial site (So i downloaded a bunch off of other sites). I can find for the 7A and the Note 7 but not official rom for for the Redmi 7. And i gathered that i would post my problem here to see if anyone faced the same problem in the past... I know the phone is older so past experiences might help me tackle this problem.

This forum is not the place where you should solve the installation of official ROM. Go to the Xiaomi site.

Reactions: Roboduck