stuck in fastboot loop

keshet33

Members
Apr 8, 2020
hi today i tried to root my mi9t i download the adb and fastboot and then i downloaded the roms i dont know what went wrong but my phone is stuck now in fastboot every time i restart

maybe i have put the wrong roms maybe the mi9 ones

please help me out i would appreciate every bit of help

keshet,

Last edited:
Be more precise, please. Did you want to ROOT your phone or install a custom system (ROM)? Also, it would be much easier to understand the problems if you wrote exact steps you've done before bricking your device.

The universal fix when you're stuck in fastboot is to flash the stock rom in MiFlash and then make another attempt in rooting/flashing.

i wanted to root but . right now i just want my phone to live

can you please tell how to flash the stocks?

thanks for your help
Be more precise, please. Did you want to ROOT your phone or install a custom system (ROM)? Also, it would be much easier to understand the problems if you wrote exact steps you've done before bricking your device.

The universal fix when you're stuck in fastboot is to flash the stock rom in MiFlash and then make another attempt in rooting/flashing.

I believe there are dozens of instructions on how to do so...

Anyways, I'll be quick

1. Put your device in Fastboot. Plug it into your PC.
2. Download MiFlash tool (https://xiaomiflashtool.com/)
3. Download a stock ROM (IMPORTANT! make sure it's Fastboot ROM!) for your device, make sure the region is matching. It'll probably be tar.gz format, so unpack it twice
4. Put it on C drive in a folder that doesn't contain special characters (eg. spaces)
5. Run MiFlash, click refresh. Then select the path to ROM.
6. Click flash and wait until it's done. Done.

I've done it a few times on my Mi 9T and had no problems, however I'm not responsible for your phone bricking forever, turning into a SARS-CoV-2 host, nuking an island or travelling back in time.

That being said, GL

I believe there are dozens of instructions on how to do so...

Anyways, I'll be quick

1. Put your device in Fastboot. Plug it into your PC.
2. Download MiFlash tool (https://xiaomiflashtool.com/)
3. Download a stock ROM (IMPORTANT! make sure it's Fastboot ROM!) for your device, make sure the region is matching. It'll probably be tar.gz format, so unpack it twice
4. Put it on C drive in a folder that doesn't contain special characters (eg. spaces)
5. Run MiFlash, click refresh. Then select the path to ROM.
6. Click flash and wait until it's done. Done.

I've done it a few times on my Mi 9T and had no problems, however I'm not responsible for your phone bricking forever, turning into a SARS-CoV-2 host, nuking an island or travelling back in time.

That being said, GL
its winrar format what do i do?

Think it is important than one never ever !!! should click in MiFlash on "clean all and lock" which is the default, but immediately change that and click on "clean". Otherwise the phone can be bricked after flashing.

Reactions: VitorMSA and skylmt
if you get stuck even with a simple unpack, i don't know why are you trying to flash a phone which is much more complex and things can go completly horribly wrong... still i am not sure what happened and what did you do... :) but i hope you recover your phone...

Reactions: Elrapo