Stuck in fastboot

Mystery

Members
Dec 29, 2020
Got a Xiaomi Mi 10, was running on Eu rom v12.2.2, updated to latest and now stuck in fastboot, I am unable to re-flash twrp using fastboot since I disabled usb debugging long ago (yeah noob I know) any ideas on how to fix?

Got a Xiaomi Mi 10, was running on Eu rom v12.2.2, updated to latest and now stuck in fastboot, I am unable to re-flash twrp using fastboot since I disabled usb debugging long ago (yeah noob I know) any ideas on how to fix?
Download adb platforms-tools, connect phone in fastboot mode to PC, and type in command promt: fastboot reboot bootloader, and try fastboot boot recovery.img

Download adb platforms-tools, connect phone in fastboot mode to PC, and type in command promt: fastboot reboot bootloader, and try fastboot boot recovery.img
I get
FAILED (Write to device failed in SendBuffer() (Unknown error))
fastboot: error: Command failed

Are you using power tools? If so, use old school command prompt. CD to where your adb and fastboot files directory is along with twrp
cd c:/xxxxx/xxxx

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img

USB debugging won't matter, your pre Android is using fastboot or recovery.

Are you using power tools? If so, use old school command prompt. CD to where your adb and fastboot files directory is along with twrp
cd c:/xxxxx/xxxx

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img

USB debugging won't matter, your pre Android is using fastboot or recovery.
I did that it but still won't let me :) I use old school fastboot but the thing is I have the Chinese variant of the device I did manage to get a working rom on now which is12.2.2 china rom, I want to install the 12.2.2 EU rom

So you have a working ROM currently but want to change it to EU, is this correct but it gets stuck at bootlooping fastboot? Did you install the ROM via twrp and then it bootlooped? Sorry for the odd questions, just trying to work out where you are and how you got your bootloop. If you did a twrp EU ROM install, did you format, not just wipe the data? It has to be done due to partition differences between the two ROMs.

Please let me know how you got to where you are and what you have done to try to get around it, thanks.

So you have a working ROM currently but want to change it to EU, is this correct but it gets stuck at bootlooping fastboot? Did you install the ROM via twrp and then it bootlooped? Sorry for the odd questions, just trying to work out where you are and how you got your bootloop. If you did a twrp EU ROM install, did you format, not just wipe the data? It has to be done due to partition differences between the two ROMs.

Please let me know how you got to where you are and what you have done to try to get around it, thanks.

DO you perhaps have discord or any form of messaging app ? Yes I had to re-flash using Mi Flash Tool so I am now on Chinese Rom V12.2.2 cause I have the china one not global one, thing is I haven't tried flashing again cause I don't want to go through all the re-flashing again, I just want to figure out how do I install the EU version which I had before before android 11.

I have attached a doc based on 10ultra but it will help as the method is the same, just using different files. Unfortunately the links in the pdf may not work but as yours is not the 10 ultra, it's not going to matter as I get files from the mifirm link further down this post.
The EU ROMs after the very first fastboot versions are all twrp .zip files, so you have to get a working twrp installed first. The problem is that the Chinese ROMs have the ability to overwrite twrp unless you boot to it and install your ROM straight away but you can install it via fastboot, reboot to recovery to test that it installs and go back and install it again from fastboot and go to it when you are ready to install the EU ROM.
Make sure you have an off phone back up or ability to get to your data if you want to save it as it will need a data format as I said above. I notice there are 2 twrp versions for your model, so make sure get a good working one. I always use http://mifirm.net or from the download links from this forum. See if anyone else has installed it ok, just in case there is a mismatch issue again before you start.
When your ready, get your twrp in the adb fastboot folder on the PC, connect up the phone, power off the phone and power on and volume button down to enter fastboot. Install twrp, reboot to twrp, install ROM by mounting PC and selection ROMs .zip file or by usb, however you stored it. Once flashed, format data, not just wipe ( some format before, some format before and after and if you have issues, best doing it before and after flash) then reboot system. Once you see miui on screen or whatever logo you have, your good to go. It may take a long time first boot but as long as you see the logo, just wait.
My messenger is in the header and footer of the attached document if you need to message me or via this forums message service.
If there is anything else you need, please ask, nothing worse than being unsure. At least we can be unsure together! Good luck my friend.

Attachments

• flashing and twrp guide.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 536
Reactions: MASVA