Stuck Into Bootloop

harrienack

Members
Oct 11, 2016
After installing TWRP and trying to install the latetst xiami.eu ROM for my remdi 3 my phone is stuck into a bootloop.
I can't access recovery anymore power + just doesn't do anything anymore. Power- get's me into fastboot. But I can't do anything in this mode.

I tried using MiFlash, but flashing only takes 1 sec. and still no result.

Any help is appreciated!!

Few things to check..
What do you mean by trying to install? Have you installed twrp and went into recovery and there you installed rom? Or are you in the first step, twrp installed but stuck?

If second case,
If you can go into fastboot, from there try to go into twrp. Command>> fastboot boot twrp.img
Here twrp.img should be your file name.
Then format data or factory reset. Then proceed to install.
Make sure to wipe all cache..

To use miflash, you need a different rom file. tgz download official rom.

By the way, was your phone bootloader unlocked?

Thanks for your reply Toonzever.

Yes, I installed TWRP, and then went in recovery. I’ve made a backup and followed the other instructiins I had to do. I tried to install the xiaomi.eu ROM, but it said unable to check MD5SUM (don’t have the precise warnings anymore), and all the other things it had to install failed (if I remember correct). I tried to install the ROM again via TWRP, again the same messages, and after that i got stuck in the bootloop.

So, my situation is the second case, as you mentioned.

I’ll try your suggestion tonight of going into TWRP through fastboot. Thanks for the suggestion!!! I’m not sure if I have the file twrp.img. I think I’ve had to rename that file earlier into recovery.img. But I’ll look at that tonight.

And yes, my bootloader was unlocked (completed that after flashing the ROM from reseller ROM to official chinese ROM, and then managed to unlock the bootloader (earlier I got stuck at the 50% error).

Update:
Thanks!
I got into recovery mode through following your advice.
Unfortunately the installation of the xiaomi.eu zip failes.
It says:
checking md5 file: skipping: no MD5 file found
mounfn took 01 s
etc
then 10 lines with:
- package_extract_file took 00s
unmount of firmware failde: no such volume
some more stuff that takes 00s
installing MIU update...
package_extract_file took 00s

What am I doing wrong?
Any ideas?

Update 2
Regardless all the errors, after rebooting the installation was a succes!
Thanks Toonzever! Your help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply Toonzever.

Yes, I installed TWRP, and then went in recovery. I’ve made a backup and followed the other instructiins I had to do. I tried to install the xiaomi.eu ROM, but it said unable to check MD5SUM (don’t have the precise warnings anymore), and all the other things it had to install failed (if I remember correct). I tried to install the ROM again via TWRP, again the same messages, and after that i got stuck in the bootloop.

So, my situation is the second case, as you mentioned.

I’ll try your suggestion tonight of going into TWRP through fastboot. Thanks for the suggestion!!! I’m not sure if I have the file twrp.img. I think I’ve had to rename that file earlier into recovery.img. But I’ll look at that tonight.

And yes, my bootloader was unlocked (completed that after flashing the ROM from reseller ROM to official chinese ROM, and then managed to unlock the bootloader (earlier I got stuck at the 50% error).

Update:
Thanks!
I got into recovery mode through following your advice.
Unfortunately the installation of the xiaomi.eu zip failes.
It says:
checking md5 file: skipping: no MD5 file found
mounfn took 01 s
etc
then 10 lines with:
- package_extract_file took 00s
unmount of firmware failde: no such volume
some more stuff that takes 00s
installing MIU update...
package_extract_file took 00s

What am I doing wrong?
Any ideas?

Update 2
Regardless all the errors, after rebooting the installation was a succes!
Thanks Toonzever! Your help is much appreciated.

Relieved to hear it's successful. Mine had fail messages but it's not new to me so I ignored. When I used to flash Galaxy S2, it had same error messages but it installed anyway. I think we can leave those error alone.....