Stuck on booting screen

noej

Members
Mar 18, 2013
Hi guys,

I just got my new Xiaomi MI2. I thought I updated it correctly but I managed to get it stuck on the booting screen with the orange Xiaomi logo. I was wondering if you guys could help me fix this and maybe even put the stock android on my MI2, since I have no experience with Android ( but I am a fast learner :)).

Thanks in advance

Little update: I somehow managed to get in the stock android (although I haven't installed it, so I think it is in Safe mode or something like that). The problem I have now is that it is all in Chinese and it seems that there is no English language pack available.

1) Press menu button on your MI-2 -> select last menu item = settings screen.
2) In settings screen search for the icon showing an "A" and 3 dots -> press this option = language screen
3) In language screen press first option and choose "English".

EDIT: "No English language pack available" = you already tried this? In that case ignore my post.

ok here is what i would suggest you do.

1. turn of the phone
2. boot into recovery by holding vol up + power until you see the Mi logo then release
3. Under wipe&reset choose wipe user data.
4. Power off phone from main recovery menu.
5. turn phone on and report results.

Hi
@mialwe that actually did the trick! It's all english now, thank you so much. Didn't know that it was a button :p
@grondinm Did the wipe user data and it appears it only boots in the stock android now, but I think Miui is still in there because I can still see the Xiaomi Market app. Is it possible to download this, put it on the phone (I don't know if I put it on the right place (root), haven't managed to get Android Commander to recognize my phone, MiFlash won't recognize it either) and install it using the recovery?

Furthermore I don't think I have managed to root it, and I can't really find it on the internet how to do so for the MI2.

You guys are amazing :)

Yes, this should work. QCS99 is the latest stock Android version for the MI-2.
Be sure to use the QCS99 (89 had touchscreen issues for some users). Download the ZIP, move it to /sdcard/, rename it to update.zip, enter recovery like @grondinm described, select English in first recovery screen, then choose the install-update.zip option using the volume-up/down and power keys. If everything went fine you should be able to reboot to partition #1 (latest) - QCS99.

Before you are trying this - which version is currently installed (settings -> about phone)?

Yes, can you post what's in settings->about phone-> line #7 (last line, build information)? Especially the part *after* the "4.1.1"?

So you already use QCS99 - no need to flash the same version again.

EDIT #1: Just remembered what you wrote about MIMarket - stock Xiaomi QCS99 includes MiMarket, MIUIFilemanager, MIUICompass and other Xiaomi/MIUI stuff I might have forgotten.

EDIT #2: About root question - QCS99 is a "dev" version and comes with enabled root access.

Ah, brilliant. Now the only thing left is getting the play store in /system/app. I wanted to use Android Commander for this (it works somehow), but it says it hasn't root acces, although SuperOneClick says it is rooted. Is there any other way to move the play store?

Never mind , moved it via Root Explorer.

Thanks for all your help :)

Hi,

I downloaded Google Play from appchina website into my mi2. When i clicked install it said it will install and reboot the phone. Then reboot process started and got stuck in start up screen with gold MI on it. Have taken the battery out and tried to switch on again for several times. But it keeps stuck in start up screen. How do i fix it. Thanks for any help in advance.

Hi Acid,

Thanks for the reply. I am new to the phone. Could you please tell me how to flash the rom. Is Wyslane z MI 2 an app. But I can only download an app when I can boot up the phone.

I have tried wipe/reset to factory option in recovery mode. Also have tried fast reboot. It didnt help.

Just download a rom zip from main thread of this site (miuiandroid 3.5.10 aries) and put the zip on internal memory (SD card). Then from desktop of your phone open Updater app and hit Menu key, then choose to Install from zip. Navigate to the zip and just install. The phone will reboot after installation. That's all.

Ok sorry.. I didn't read all. You can't enter system?
Then rename miuiandroid zip to "update.zip" and flash using Mi Recovery. Enter recover, choose English, hit Install update and that's all. Reboot to system 1.

Wysyłane z mojego Nexus 7 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

If I cant enter the system, how do I rename anything. Cant even access the files using USB wire and computer.

The following is the messages I get on recovery mode.

Android system recovery
Android system recovery update

reboot system now
apply update from sdcard
apply update from cache
wipe date/factory rest
wipe cache partition
back user data
restore user data

I have tried to install 3.5.10 aries from apply update from sdcard function. It gives an error saying Invalid OTA package, missing scatter. Update.zip is not correct. Installation aborted.

Your phone is a fake MI2. You can't install anything. No MIUI updates. Sorry.

Wysłane z MI 2

It's not a fake. I bought it from xiaomi website, unless the original company is selling fake. Thanks

When you enter MI Recovery what version you have? It's written on the top.

Wysłane z MI 2

your phone is fake, sorry.
You wrote you see "Android system recovery" and "3e"
If you see in Recovery like this - your phone is real

MI-Recovery
dual_recovery_mione.jpg

But if you see this, your phone is fake.
6654644033_b616bc0635_z.jpg

Reactions: dextructor and Acid
The mi logo and Android logo is appearing on the screen since 1 hour.but it doesn't turn on.what should i do?badly needed help