Stuck Pixel ... Brand new MI2s

Treehugger

Members
Apr 6, 2014
Has anyone out there had a problem with a stuck pixel on a new phone? I just received my brand spanking new Xiaomi MI2s from IBUYGOU and was very disappointed to see a glowing green pixel staring me in the face (very noticable on a black background). I guess I'm a bit OCD, but it's very distracting and ... well it's a brand new phone!! I am getting ready to send it back to IBUYGOU for REPAIR and not replacement, as that it IBUYGOU's policy. I did try several pixel fixer apps but nothing worked. I'm bummed. So if they replace the screen I have to pay for it? It was defective out of the box! Doesn't seem right to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-12-08-44-15-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-12-08-44-15-1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Has anyone out there had a problem with a stuck pixel on a new phone? I just received my brand spanking new Xiaomi MI2s from IBUYGOU and was very disappointed to see a glowing green pixel staring me in the face (very noticable on a black background). I guess I'm a bit OCD, but it's very distracting and ... well it's a brand new phone!! I am getting ready to send it back to IBUYGOU for REPAIR and not replacement, as that it IBUYGOU's policy. I did try several pixel fixer apps but nothing worked. I'm bummed. So if they replace the screen I have to pay for it? It was defective out of the box! Doesn't seem right to me.
No, you have a one year warranty period on your phone. I would definitly go for a replacement though, I mean, it's a DOA (dead on arrival). At least that one pixel is DOA :p.

UPDATE ...
Sent the phone back to IBUYGOU and they just informed me:

Hi,

The Xiaomi repair center says your phone has no big problem. they refuse to repair your phone. so your phone has not been repaired.

hope you can understand!

Yours,sincerely Belin Xiao Ibuygou Team http://www.ibuygou.com/crazy-discount/

So I guess a minor defect, such as a damaged pixel, is not covered in their warranty. GRRRRRR!!!!

Mine had a dead pixel from factory but I don't complain about it =/ most warranties doesn't cover one or two pixels, you need a bunch of them.

If yours one is just suck in one color and not black. You can solve it just pulling out your battery for a couple of minutes. Then put it again and the stuck pixel should be gone.

I solve this way when i set my tv as monitor and sometimes I forget to turn it off when I go a away for a long time.