Sudden Death Or Hardbrick?

luis83rs

Members
Nov 23, 2016
Hello there,

I was enjoying my brand new Mi 5s 4GB/128GB since last Friday but today the phone stopped working, I don't know why.

Last Monday I successfully unlocked the boot-loader using MiUnlock program, and then I flashed the latest version of the EU ROM without problem also. But today, after two days of that, my phone's alarms didn't fire up and the screen wasn't waking up (the notifications led however I think it was lighted up with some color)

I've tried to reset the phone without luck. I've also tried to boot in fastboot mode (without seeing anything) and the fastboot tool doesn't seem to recognize the phone. In a windows computer it just recognized some "qusb_bulk" device in the devices administrator.

It's weird, yesterday I was playing with the phone, navigating, watching some netflix videos... and I left the phone charging when I went to bed, it had over 7% of battery still. The charger is a Qualconm QuickCharge 3.0 certified charger and that was the 6th charge approximately.

My problem is that I bought it in some chinese online store and even if the phone has been with me for less than 7 days I guess they will try first to repair it instead of giving a replacement? (spemall online store)

I've finally sent it for repair (Luckily the repair service is in Spain and I didn't have to send it back to China), I hope they can fix it without opening and just by attaching some cable and just flashing it back or whatever. I will post again if I have news.

Next time I will try that!

Yeah, it happened to my OnePlus One, 3 TIMES. It really annoyed me but there was specific tool for that and I unbricked it just with a cable and a mind that wouldn't get easily frustrated (you definitely need to keep your cool when fixing a hard brick).

Next time just definitely run through the guide and you'll be able to sort it without sending it. It's understandable that you've got some service warranty for it so it's good you sent it off so they could use official tools etc.

Actually I was frustrated after several tries, I checked the phone wasn't entering fastbood (try pressing the buttons combination several times for several seconds), I also tried using MiFlash after installing the phone drivers on my girlfriend windows computer, but the flash was never finishing (however the phone was recognized by the program)...

But for sure, next time if I can avoid sending the phone I will try it myself, hope the treat the phone well and I received back without a scratch...

Hello. I just received the same brick. Did they fix your phone at service center? Did they tell you why it happened? Thanks

Good afternoon!
I write through on Google Translate so for the quality of style, I'm sorry.
There was a similar problem with the phone Xiaomi Redmi 4 PRO - discharged. No longer being charged, the diode does not light up, no matter what does not respond. When connected to a PC was defined as QUSB_BULK. Helped following:
1) Charge (even if the LED is not lit, it is charged (as heated charger and the phone itself)
2) Press the Power button for 5 seconds.
3) Without releasing the button to connect to the PC port USB
4) Hold Power button for a few seconds.
5) After that, my phone has started without problems.

any update to the phone fix?
I tried the trick posted by Kim_LPK, holding the power button for 5 seconds, connecting to my laptop etc and it worked.
Not straight away though. I reconnected my phone to the charger, then turned the phone on and everything works. Thank you Kim.
(I must confess this was done on my Oppo phone but it still worked) I still have my Xiaomi phone which is fine.