Switch system

Infinitely

Members
Mar 18, 2012
Hi, is there a way to switch system without going into the recovery (e.g. through terminal command)?
Thanks in advance!

It was in v4 using 5 way reboot mod. Or you can flash miui rom via Updater . The phone will restart in system 2.

Wysyłane z mojego Nexus 7 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

It was in v4 using 5 way reboot mod. Or you can flash miui rom via Updater . The phone will restart in system 2.

Wysyłane z mojego Nexus 7 za pomocą Tapatalk 2
That mod you mentioned is not available for the latest v5 ROMS. And I don't want to flash a new ROM every time to switch systems.
Please not that I cannot switch system through recovery since my volume buttons don't work.
So is there a way to switch systems while you're on a v5 ROM? :)

I think you don't understand what 2 systems are for.

When you install update via Updater Mi2 will restart in system 2. You don't have to use any hardware buttons. Two systems are only for updating device without going to RECOVERY because Mi2 is not a dual boot phone.

Wysłane z MI 2

you could try flashing a touch recovery which lets you use the touch screen rather than using the standard miui one which requires using volume buttons.
Don't know what acids on but i presume your talking about a mi1 as your in the mi1 forum

M2 or M1 has same flashing procedure using updater app. Don't need to use any buttons except power...

Wysłane z MI 2

I think you don't understand what 2 systems are for.

When you install update via Updater Mi2 will restart in system 2. You don't have to use any hardware buttons. Two systems are only for updating device without going to RECOVERY because Mi2 is not a dual boot phone.

Wysłane z MI 2
I have the M1.
M2 or M1 has same flashing procedure using updater app. Don't need to use any buttons except power...

Wysłane z MI 2
So you're saying I can't have 2 different ROMS in each partition?

you can have 2 different systems only if you install the lennox os rom in the second partition (which you can thanks to the aroma installer with it comes) because it doesn't share the data partition with the other rom.

Mi2 or Mi1 are not dual boot phones because they share data partitions.
Two systems are only for updates so users don't have to go into recovery when flashing roms. Why using 2 roms?

Wysłane z MI 2

sometimes could happen that one feature or app doesn?t work on the newer version; but on the old one still works or to have just two complete different setups

Well flashing with normal method described above you always have one older version. If you have trouble with app you can boot to that system using recovery (this time using buttons) and wait there until next version.

But this involves that you're using only one rom e.g miuiandroid just different versions, which is ok.

You can't have like aosp and Miui. Use only one rom and everything should be ok.

Wysłane z MI 2

actually i have the lennox os rom based on the stock android in system 2 and miui v5 in system 1.
In any case yes if you really don't need some special settings or particular purpose then just enjoy latest release on system 1 and the older maybe stable miui.

It isn't possible to have miuiandroidrom and the chinese miui rom at same time on the device due to the odexed and deodexed question?

The Lennox os is an exception because he uses different partition layouts and make separate data so this could be called dual boot. But it's a moded os, not normal for MI1.

As for China and miuiandroid rom, you can use but this can cause many troubles including apps FC or themes.

So for Xiaomi devices it's better to have one system as it was meant for to work like this.

Wysłane z MI 2

I enabled the true dual boot with a ClockWorkMod based custom recovery. Now I have an AOKP port on system1 and MIUI on system2, and I can switch the system in the recovery.

Since I also would like to switch system more quickly, is this still lacking a solution?

I use dual boot switch available on this forum. Search google dualbootswitch apk

Sent from my MI 2S

It works perfect for me CWM system 1 miuiandroid and system 2 wiui.
Have to thank the devs yet though :) they have made it possible

Sent from my MI 2S

Yeah, I planned to switch system, then doing it. Unfortunately I found a bug and I forgot it. Thanks for the reminder :)