system 1 /2 ; update

shicomm

Members
Nov 26, 2011
Running my mi-one plus on 2.3.5S now and want to upgrade one of the systems to 2.5.x
How to know for sure on what system i'm running 2.3.5 ?

I really want to keep that one running and install the 2.5.x on the other one.
Any ways to know this for sure ?

You want to run GB and ICS on the same phone? Thats not possible sorry :)
You cant mix GB and ICS so you have to choose one or the other not both :)

The MI-One phone has the ability to install 2 systems and switch between them.

Wysyłane z mojego Nexus S za pomocą Tapatalk 2

I know it's possible but i'm a little affraid to do it as you have to wipe and set the partition befor i can apply the update.
Just need to know for sure that i'm wiping and installing on the "blank" system instead of killing my 2.3.5 install...
The question ; how to do that ?

Are you trying to get both ICS and GB on the same phone?
When you log into recovery mode and choose reboot it will show : Reboot to system one/two (latest) for the version you last booted to.
Then you go into "update boot partition" and it will update the version that has latest too.

But you cant mix GB and ICS so you have to update both :)

the mi-one is able to run 2 different systems ;)
So it must be something else right ? ;)
NO.

System partitions can ONLY support the Android OS version of either 2.3 or 4.0... they CANNOT mix Android code bases because they are not the same filesystem.

System partitions are two NAND partitions, your System one is current, then when you flash a new ROM, this is installed to System two.

simple :)

Reactions: shicomm
I have a M1 C1 (CDMA version) and had to tweak some of the scripts in the Miuiandroid ICS version to get it to run on my machine.

Long story short, my phone is currently running 2.3.5v on System 1 and the latest Miui ICS version (2.5.18) on System 2. Even more strange, if I want to update the ICS version on System 2 it only works to run the update from the Updater in System 1.

I have no idea why this is the case, but it is the only way I have gotten the phone updates to work.

Shansen ; could you explain how you've done that ?
According to a few others it should be not possible to run GB and ICS side by side on the mi one !

Was a little bit worried but i installed the ICS update and i'm happy to report that it worked out without problems ! :)
Even my 3g problem ( not working on a dual network carrier ) is gone !

My curiosity has made problems... :(
I went to look what was running in system 2 ; now none of the systems boots....

Back to start i guess... :(