System partition is not writable

chnekn

Members
Jun 29, 2022
I've been using Xiaom.eu version 12.0.6 Stable(Xiaomi Mi9) for a few days now. Previously, I was using the Official version 12.0.6 and I could change the System and Vendor sections as I wanted. My TWRP, Magisk and Root File manager applications are the same as in the Official version, but I cannot change the files in the system partition and create new files in Xiaomi.EU. Where does the problem come from? Isn't the System partition writable in Xiaomi.EU versions?

I've been using Xiaom.eu version 12.0.6 Stable(Xiaomi Mi9) for a few days now. Previously, I was using the Official version 12.0.6 and I could change the System and Vendor sections as I wanted. My TWRP, Magisk and Root File manager applications are the same as in the Official version, but I cannot change the files in the system partition and create new files in Xiaomi.EU. Where does the problem come from? Isn't the System partition writable in Xiaomi.EU versions?
it is not possible… if you want to change something a magisk module is your friend

Last edited:
it is not possible… if you want to change something a magisk module is your friend
Is something that can be done in official versions not be done in Custom Rom?

It's unnecessary waste of time to prepare a magisk module for simple changing a few lines or files.

Ok, I went through many topics in the forum and as far as I understand, contrary to the nature of Custom ROM versions, System files cannot be interfered with in Xiaomi.Eu versions. In that case, I'll have to go back to where I came from at the end of the week. Official Miui 12.0.6

Editing system is against current standards as any modifications done there will break safetynet, perhaps if you RW mount system in twrp, you could use its editor to make changes. Could also try orangefox fork of twrp for more functionality.

... contrary to the nature of Custom ROM versions ...
I think you're confusing a "custom ROM" with a "customizable ROM".
We provide ROMs as is, and providing any kind of support for further hacking-around in the system partitions is absolutely not on our schedule and is entirely up to you to figure out.

... System files cannot be interfered with in Xiaomi.Eu versions.
There's no issue with modifying system/vendor partitions on older devices like Mi 9. It's only an issue on newer devices with dynamic partitions.
Sounds like your issue is that the partitions are just full, that's why you can't add anything to them.
Having not enough space to pack our ROMs was an issue for a long while on those non-dynamic-partition devices, so that's not surprising.

Reactions: JiaiJ