The Touch Screen Death Problem

joaquin.mora.39

Members
Nov 14, 2014
Hi, my Xiaomi Mi4 touch screen stopped working in Miui. It works perfectly in CWM Recovery but it doesn't once I enter the Miui Rom. I have tried full Wipe, several fastboot roms Miui 5 and 6, Aosp Rom, Paranoid Rom, discharging and recharging the phone (I suspect this problem originated when I used the Galaxy Note II charger to charge the mobile).
I made a video showing the problem, please help if you have an idea how to solve it. Thanks

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Try to install some MIUI rom from Fastboot. This will restore everything like bootloader, drivers, apps, ...etc.

Please use the file "flash_all" to erase all partitions on the phone (Cache, User Data, SDCard, System1, System2, bootloader, Recovery, ...etc)

Hi Andy, thank you for your response. I did already that. Tried different fastboot Roms Miui 5 and 6 but no change. At this point I think it has to do with the kernel. Maybe some kind of voltage protection.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I wish I could do that. Bought it in Hong Kong from a small shop in the middle of nowhere (xiaomi Mi4 is not officially on sale in Hong Kong) and even if I could send it to a repair center in China I can't send a device with battery by mail in Spain

I wish I could do that. Bought it in Hong Kong from a small shop in the middle of nowhere (xiaomi Mi4 is not officially on sale in Hong Kong) and even if I could send it to a repair center in China I can't send a device with battery by mail in Spain

You can send by either DHL or TNT.

Maybe even Parcelforce.

Sent from my MI 4W

I've the same problem.
But when i flash with MiFlash the stock image the touchscreen works good! When i install the multilanguage ROM the touch stops work.

If i restart the phone with recovery to partition 1 (Stock ROM) touch works, if i restart to partition 2 (MULTILANGUAGE) touch doesn't works.

:'( What can i do??

UPDATE:
I installed developer multilanguage version on System 1. TOUCH DOESN'T WORK!! :(

UPDATE2:
I installed MIUI.IT 4.11.21 version on System 1. TOUCH DOESN'T WORK!! :(

UPDATE3:
Installed CWR Recovery, cleared cache and dalvic cache. Rebooted and now TOUCH WORKS!!!! :)

UPDATE4:
Updated with developer multilanguage 4.11.28. Rebooted. TOUCH DOESN'T WORK!! :(

Someone can explain why i can't use this Mi4 and update like the others?
The my one not have any touch problem during update process.

So in update 3, which rom are you running?

Also, have you tried contacting the seller where you bought it from and ask about this issue?

Sent from my MI 4W

bro...even my phone had same problem....wat have u done ...is ur touch working now...wat should i do..plz reply