The way to extend Gateway 3 bluetooth range

kxs1024

Members
Dec 17, 2021
Hello.
I have Xiaomi Gateway 3 and several sensors connected to it. But some of these sensors could not connect to the gateway because they are too far from it. For example Motion Sensor 2 (Bluetooth version) could not detect gateway’s signal. On the close range this sensor works as expected. Is it possible to use Xiaomi Smart Socket 2 (Bluetooth version) to extend the working range of the gateway?
I tried to do that and got the motion sensor connected to the socket. And I even could to check its status via MiHome app. But I want this motion sensor triggers alarm on the gateway (in Away From Home scene). And it seems that this is impossible because the alarm is configured on the gateway side where the motion sensor is not accessible.
Should I buy the second gateway, link the motion sensor to it and than link these two gateways together?

Hello.
I have Xiaomi Gateway 3 and several sensors connected to it. But some of these sensors could not connect to the gateway because they are too far from it. For example Motion Sensor 2 (Bluetooth version) could not detect gateway’s signal. On the close range this sensor works as expected. Is it possible to use Xiaomi Smart Socket 2 (Bluetooth version) to extend the working range of the gateway?
I tried to do that and got the motion sensor connected to the socket. And I even could to check its status via MiHome app. But I want this motion sensor triggers alarm on the gateway (in Away From Home scene). And it seems that this is impossible because the alarm is configured on the gateway side where the motion sensor is not accessible.
Should I buy the second gateway, link the motion sensor to it and than link these two gateways together?
Greetings,

I did not understand what kind of plug you have tried with or the server you are using.
Comparing with what i have i can tell you that using the portuguese server and the gateway v3 EU version i can triguer the aqara motion sensor(zigbee) without isues.
For that i have extended the gateway zigbee signal with a Xiaomi smart socket 2 EU version (zigbee) in the middle.
What happens is that devices like plugs and bulbs, because they are always connected to current will act as 'bridges' that can extend the range of the sensors.

In your case i only know about a Chinese plug with bluetooth but as long as you have all devices in the same server the principal should be the same.
Note that i am not sure of it. I only know that it works with zigbee and/or with wifi devices.

Hope it helped,
Bernardo Cunha