Third Party Launcher + Gestures

xanthos84

Members
Sep 2, 2021
Hi everyone,
trying on Xiaomi.eu MIUI 12.5 to enable Microsoft Launcher with Gestures instead of the 3 Bar Bottom Navigation.
Installed "MyGestures" App - which enables gestures - fine.
But still having the 3 buttons bar on the bottom.

Have tried FNG which is recommended by many people, but it only hides the 3 bar bottom - still having a black bar.

Some months ago (before I wiped my phone) I have enabled the gestures in the MIUI menu, and it hid the navigation bar.
But now I get the following chinese info (seems like a message to activate the default launcher, as it gets enabled after right clicking the button)
see screenshot.
Any idea how to activate it without auto starting default launcher?

xanthos84

Members
Sep 2, 2021
well for anyone with the same problem, I got a workaround which is quite embarrasing but at least it works to remove the 3-bar navigation.

You need the "LADB" application from Playstore which sadly costs some money.

Then in short:

1. Developer Options - > Wireless ADB enable
2. start LADB and connect it (you have to use dual window feature, because otherwise the port+pin will change)
you need to do this once, after setting up - it will connect next time automatically.
3. insert in LADB command line: settings put global force_fsg_nav_bar 1

It works good. But you have to do it again after a reboot.

Reactions: someuan

someuan

Members
Sep 27, 2016
well for anyone with the same problem, I got a workaround which is quite embarrasing but at least it works to remove the 3-bar navigation.

You need the "LADB" application from Playstore which sadly costs some money.

Then in short:

1. Developer Options - > Wireless ADB enable
2. start LADB and connect it (you have to use dual window feature, because otherwise the port+pin will change)
you need to do this once, after setting up - it will connect next time automatically.
3. insert in LADB command line: settings put global force_fsg_nav_bar 1

It works good. But you have to do it again after a reboot.
thank you for the suggestion. i am on my mi 11 lite. gesture option only for system launcher after 12.5.6.0 update.

however i try run the command on ladb but failed. but on my laptop, it works.

using pear launcher + fng

adb shell settings put global force_fsg_nav_bar 1

update: i dont know what ive done. 2nd attempt using ladb was ok

Last edited:

Houta

Members
Sep 26, 2021
Hi everyone,

You can try the following ADB command to force: adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural

with Nova Launcher and My Gesture everything works fine

Reactions: Poney70

carbro123

Members
Oct 11, 2021
As an update on this as well. I was in the same boat 2 days ago... I followed the same instructions as posted above (settings put global force_fsg_nav_bar 1) and that worked for me without fault. I've also downloaded an app called Terminal Shortcut and put that command in there. I then added a shortcut to the homescreen so that when I restart the phone, I just click the shortcut and it removes the nav bar. Super easy fix works great!

I am on Mi 11 Ultra with 12.5.17 EU Rom - Unlocked Bootloader - Rooted with Magisk - Using Nova Launcher - Using Edge Gestures app (did not like FNG, and only reason to use that over Edge Gestures was that it had the ability to hide the nav bar, but i did not like that app as a whole so decided to stop using it and switch now that there is a handy new shortcut on my homescreen to remove it:)

PS. I do not have wireless debugging enabled nor use LADB as I found it to be a bit of a pain to pair the two screens with the code, but with Magisk, I have the systemlessly module (or whatever its called) installed, so with root and Terminal Shortcut, its a breeze.

Reactions: JiaiJ and Poney70

Hassan Mahmoud

Members
Jun 24, 2021
Hi everyone,

You can try the following ADB command to force: adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural

with Nova Launcher and My Gesture everything works fine
do you mean with this code we can have stock miui nav gestures working with 3rd party launchers ?

Mr-Mixalot

Members
Oct 18, 2021
Just got a Mi 11 on the weekend & have been wracking my brains trying to sort this

Will try the suggestion that @Houta has given as my launcher of choice is Nova

Thank You