Totally a problem with Recovery and flashing

gustavus1523

Members
Sep 28, 2020
I cannot flash Poco F2 Pro. First Lost what's situation is:
- version is xiaomi.eu Miui 13 22.7.19 Beta
- i made wrong when i installed OrangeFox (it was other phone)
- phone could only charging Via USB Developer options (I think they are correct), OEM are unlocking, Extended power menu are on, USB debugging are on. Default USB configuration are file transfer

And problems are follows:
- because the recovery is wrong, it causes a bootloop, and therefore it cannot even work in recovery mode.
- I can get Fastboot mode to work, but the fastboot devices - command doesn't recognize the phone. The USB port works at least when charging.
- I tried to install the recovery.img file in Magisk (intended for F2 Pro), which succeeds, but nothing happens. I can't even fastory reset, that doesn't work either. Has the phone become completely inoperable? Of course, it works well otherwise, but the Android update is not successful.

Any idea? My laptop (win11) has right drivers, because it's my others
Xiaomi ja xiaomi.eu.

I cannot flash Poco F2 Pro. First Lost what's situation is:
- version is xiaomi.eu Miui 13 22.7.19 Beta
- i made wrong when i installed OrangeFox (it was other phone)
- phone could only charging Via USB Developer options (I think they are correct), OEM are unlocking, Extended power menu are on, USB debugging are on. Default USB configuration are file transfer

And problems are follows:
- because the recovery is wrong, it causes a bootloop, and therefore it cannot even work in recovery mode.
- I can get Fastboot mode to work, but the fastboot devices - command doesn't recognize the phone. The USB port works at least when charging.
- I tried to install the recovery.img file in Magisk (intended for F2 Pro), which succeeds, but nothing happens. I can't even fastory reset, that doesn't work either. Has the phone become completely inoperable? Of course, it works well otherwise, but the Android update is not successful.

Any idea? My laptop (win11) has right drivers, because it's my others
Xiaomi ja xiaomi.eu.
Can you try with TWRP ?

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

Yep. Because I cannot use fastboot (fastboot devises not works). I cannot boot to recovery, wrong recovery Orangefox block it only bootloop.

I also tried to install twrp using magisk and twrp.img (Select and Patch filee). It works, no error messages, but still orangefox recovery is still active, not twrp.

Yep. Because I cannot use fastboot (fastboot devises not works). I cannot boot to recovery, wrong recovery Orangefox block it only bootloop.

I also tried to install twrp using magisk and twrp.img (Select and Patch filee). It works, no error messages, but still orangefox recovery is still active, not twrp.
You shouldn't be trying to patch TWRP img.

Use Magisk only to patch your boot.img.

You need to get fastboot to work somehow. And boot TWRP with fastboot command.

Can you use a friend's desktop/machine ?

Did you try to use a different USB port on your desktop? A different USB wire maybe ?

Did you try to reboot your desktop and try fastboot again.

Run CMD as Administrator if on Windows

--

I have now tried to follow your instructions. I installed the boot.img file. Since I can not use fastboot mode, I tried to install it Magisk application . I'm not getting any error messages, but this is definitely not the right way.
I have a PC laptop (Win 11). It has three USB-A and one USB-C port. All ports work fine with all different wires but Poco F2 only charging works Other phones have no problems. So I have three phones (Mi 10T Pro, Poco X3 NFC and Poco F2 Pro).

Next problem Fastboot.q I started the cmd-command and then the fastboot devices command. This does not work on the Poco F2 Pro phone, of course it works on others phones.

So I wonder about the following problems (Poco F2 Pro)
- why the phone can only be charged
- why is the phone not recognized in fastboot devices -command
- why the phone cannot be restored to factory settings.
- how to get rid of Orangefox recovery
I already ordered a new charging module for the phone, but I don't think that's the problem. It is probably pointless to open the phone, at least in my opinion.

I have no idea, what to do?

I have now tried to follow your instructions. I installed the boot.img file. Since I can not use fastboot mode, I tried to install it Magisk application . I'm not getting any error messages, but this is definitely not the right way.
I have a PC laptop (Win 11). It has three USB-A and one USB-C port. All ports work fine with all different wires but Poco F2 only charging works Other phones have no problems. So I have three phones (Mi 10T Pro, Poco X3 NFC and Poco F2 Pro).

Next problem Fastboot.q I started the cmd-command and then the fastboot devices command. This does not work on the Poco F2 Pro phone, of course it works on others phones.

So I wonder about the following problems (Poco F2 Pro)
- why the phone can only be charged
- why is the phone not recognized in fastboot devices -command
- why the phone cannot be restored to factory settings.
- how to get rid of Orangefox recovery
I already ordered a new charging module for the phone, but I don't think that's the problem. It is probably pointless to open the phone, at least in my opinion.

I have no idea, what to do?
Settings > Developer Options >

USB Debugging is enabled ?

Also Revoke USB Debugging authorisations.

Go back to Settings menu.

Switch off your phone and put your phone is fastboot mode.

Now connect your phone to your desktop/laptop.

You need to get your fastboot to work. Not sure what the issue is there.

--

Yep. USB Debugging enabled snd Revoke USB Debugging authorisations.

After your instructions fastboot not worked. Should there be a warning page or RSA Fingerprints pop-up after USB debugging enabled?

I also wonder why the factory settings don't work.

I haven't found instructions on how to get rid of Orangefox recovery

Yep. USB Debugging enabled snd Revoke USB Debugging authorisations.

After your instructions fastboot not worked. Should there be a warning page or RSA Fingerprints pop-up after USB debugging enabled?

I also wonder why the factory settings don't work.

I haven't found instructions on how to get rid of Orangefox recovery

Since you revoked all authorisations. Now disable USB Debugging and enable it again.

Put your phone in fastboot mode.

Run CMD in Admin mode.
Navigate to the directory having Adb and Fastboot.

If you just type 'fastboot', what does it say ?

Does it work for your other phones ?

You need to be in the directory in which you installed ADB and FASTBOOT.

--

It still doesn't work, I tried on another computer. Everything works without problems (Mi 10T Pro and Poco X3 NFC). But this Poco F2 Pro, just doesn't work. The fastboot devices command doesn't show anything, of course it works on other phones.

Second, I don't understand why factory reset doesn't work, all data is saved. For example, Power and Volume up only allow Orangefox's bootloop to be started.

I don't know what he's doing with that phone now. The camera has been good, but you'll see what I do with it.