Translucent notifications bar for alternate launchers (ADW, Launcher Pro)

magnumforce2006

Members
Mar 27, 2011
I don't believe this is possible, and it's very likely a limitation of the launcher's themselves... But it would be awesome if we could have the kickass translucent notifications topbar for other launchers (for those of us that can't leave our app drawers :D )

if you add a live wallpaper that you can customize the image and hide the effects the notification bar will be transparent.

I use nexuskang live wallpaper with launcherpro

There are live wallpapers where you can edit the background image. When an alternative launcher loads up a live wallpaper, it maps it behind the status bar, so it's transparent.

I can confirm the above. Download the ownskin app from the market, and install one of the live wallpaper. Pick one that has the least amount of crap embedded in it. (I say this of course if you want to just use a wallpaper and don't want any of the live wallpaper addons.) Then, go to the wallpaper in the app and long press and select edit. Then, follow the instructions and shrink all the addons until they disappear. Then, long press on your homescreen, select wallpaper, live wallpaper, select the ownskin wallpaper, go into settings, choose background, and select your wallpaper of choice. Confirm everything and in the end you should end up with the wallpaper you want and a translucent notification bar. Worked perfectly for me.

In ADW.EX, you can turn off the Wallpaper Hack Setting (ADWSettings> General Behavior> System Preferences> Wallpaper Hack).

In regular ADW, you can (again) turn off the Wallpaper Hack Setting (ADWSettings> System Preferences> Wallpaper Hack).

I can't seem to find a way to do it in LauncherPro.