Members
Dec 29, 2019
Hello,
I haved try to install TWRP on a Xiaomi redmi note 5 pro, with ADB and fastboot

• adb reboot bootloader
  • fastboot devices
  • fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
  • fastboot boot twrp.img

The last line, is ok only when i am in the directory on my PC where the twrp.img is present.
I can't boot on TWRP with the volume and power button, the phone always returnon MI recovery.

And i can't install the magisk image from the phone.

I have unlock the phone.

i have search but i can't uderstand where is the problem.

Must i install TWRP.img from the sd card after boot the phone in TWRP recovery with fastboot ?

Thank's for your help.

François-Marie

Should be able to do it from the PC, strange you can boot into it but not install it. What version of twrp is it? I now use OrangeFox (R10 RC3.1) and it works fine for me (installed img from twrp which I was previously using). I am running the weekly EU rom.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Should be able to do it from the PC, strange you can boot into it but not install it. What version of twrp is it? I now use OrangeFox (R10 RC3.1) and it works fine for me (installed img from twrp which I was previously using). I am running the weekly EU rom.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Hello,
i use twrp-3.3.1-0-whyred.img. In fact i think TWRp is installed on the phone, but not as default recovery.
I would be sure if i can boot TWRP from the PC and after install the twrp image from TWRP ?

Thank's

Same problem here. It Reboots after installing TWRP every time into MI Recovery 3.0. (MIMIX3).
To be honest. It worked before. Then, after an update it was stuck in Bootloop. I flashed an old original Rom via MIFlash and since then it's impossible to install TWRP.
HELP anyone ????