Try to flash Eu rom on Mix 3 ?

Using the Mix 3 with EU-rom now for a few days. Started with mi mover to copy all form my mix 2. Had some troubles to connect with the mi mover app, but finaly all data was copied to the mix3. On my mix2 I used a 5x6 grid, the mix3 only can have 4x4 or 5x5. Because the screen ratio is even higher, there is a lot of space between the icons. Hopefully a higher grid will come to the mix3 in the near future.
Not all apps are transfered and new apps allways start with notification set to on. So had to set this manually to no (for most applications).
Battery drain is very low: 2% after 3 hours now.
For use in my car I use a magnetic holder. For this I need a small piece of iron sticked add the back of my phone (I sticked it inside the cover). This piece of iron is blocking wireless charge. So if you use a magnetic holder be awere wireless charge will not be available anymore without getting the phone out of the case.
Last fridays update solves the grid problem, 5x6 and even 5x7 are available now!

Getting my Mi Mix 3 256GB tomorrow. Will report on my success flashing the latest xiaomi.eu rom.
Will also test Google Pay.

I am also on eu-rom, also works great.
I made following steps (different as Kees):

- China Stable - then unlocked bootloader
- Booting China Stable with unlocked bootloader (automatically boots after bootloader is unlocked)
- Reboot into Fastboot
- Flashed TWRP with ADB command fastboot flash recovery xxxx.img
- Then ADB command fastboot format userdata
- Boot into TWRP
- Copied EU rom from PC, copied Magisk 16.4 from PC
- Installed EU Rom and Magisk 16.4
- Reboot into System

Works fine immediately, Magisk 17.3 did not work, so I used Magisk 16.4. It was updated to Magisk 18 in the meantime

How did you update to Magisk 18? When I install Magisk 18 via TWRP it flashes correctly, but magisk manager says magisk is not actually intalled.
Installing 16.4 worked, but when I try to update to 18 it's just stuck on "Magisk patched boot image detected " and never continues the installation.

If i have the special edition 10Gb, can i flash with the last rom ? 8.12.20 MIUI 10.3 ? or only for basic MIX 3 6/8Gb ???
Thanks

So i can flash with your Eu rom :D
But if i understand, now we CAN'T flash a official global rom on CN device right ? so the only way is EU rom ?

On CN device can you flash Global but must have unlocked bootloader and you can't lock bootloader on Global ROM.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: Zouiguipopo
How did you update to Magisk 18? When I install Magisk 18 via TWRP it flashes correctly, but magisk manager says magisk is not actually intalled.
Installing 16.4 worked, but when I try to update to 18 it's just stuck on "Magisk patched boot image detected " and never continues the installation.

I have 17.1 running, flashed from TWRP. Both modules I've tried to install (Viper) have failed though.