Trying Boot Twrp But Pcsuite.mi.com Screen?

kafsh

Members
Aug 1, 2017
Phone was originally on some stupid global stable and changed to an offical stable (8.3.1).
After realizing that I should've swum towards xiaomi.eu stables I unlocked the bootloader via their stupid offical website.

I believe I just managed to flash the latest TWRP 3.1.1-1-libra (the CMD said OKAY) but I only reach this stupid screen with a phone connecting with a cable saying pcsuite.mi.com.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? This is totally stupid.

I will ultimately flash the latest 8.5.1 xiaomi.eu stable with android 7 and after reading a bit here I believe I need to flash the 6.12.22 rom first since my android is only 5.1.1, correct?

I do appreciate that you take your time to guide me with my concerns.
Sincerely kafsh

Bro im totally UNLOCKED

mi4v.jpg

I think (I have no experience and I shouldnt be taken seriously) the old bootloader somehow stayed put and just like the boot.ini file on windows it chooses to boot the primary bootloader instead of TWRP. Or maybe this TWRP version is somehow not compatible with the 8.3.1 offical stable. Or maybe since I never unlocked the bootloader to begin with I managed to lock it forever by flashing another offical rom on the current locked "global stable" from Aliexpress. Or maybe I should just give up.

Anyways thank you for taking your time trying to help me

I don't understand where are you at now. There is this guide on xda https://www.google.ro/amp/s/forum.x...-unlocking-mi4c-bl-verification-t3336779/amp/.

If you follow steps 2 to 9 you'll get to 6.1.7 on lollipop bootloader again.

After that you install Twrp 3.0.2, install 6.12.22. Upgrade via updater to Nougat. Unlock the bootloader again. Install Nougat Twrp. Install whatever you want.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Reactions: iamme729
I managed to wipe everything, I dont have an OS anymore. What do I do?

(I do still have TWRP thankfully, I tried to "push" a file via adb but it cannot find any device)

Wiping everything makes everything more difficult.

Try to get the right drivers. Reboot to recovery again while connected to pc via USB cable. The pc should detect your phone.

If it doesn't work, you net to get and otg cable and a data stick and do the file transfer from a data stick to the phone via the otg cable.

I love OTG :) I went on and flashed 8.5.1 xiaomi.eu stable (without flashing 6.12.22 first) it works all fine I guess, should there any problems?
It runs suprisingly smooth up until now, just the option "Buttons" doesnt work in Settings.

Is there any ROM you would recommend that has a better batterylife? Can I still keep Nougat if I downgrade ROM? (this might be a stupid question)

Thank you so much for helping me! It worked out fine (F)

There are 2 types of Bootloader : Nougat and Lollipop. Each have compatible roms and recoveries. You cannot combine Nougat Bootloader with Lollipop recovery such as 3.0.2 or Roms like 6.12.22

Each custom rom has in the description the bootloader that it requires.

I would recommend ResurrectionRemix or XOSP. You can find those with a Google search.

For me ResurrectionRemix is the best rom. Very fast and battery friendly.